Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 11-10-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
navion_pa1
Founding Member

Default Re: It's official! Rossi to Yamaha

Next year's racing should be great, as long as Rossi can get the Yam to be decent enough to ride.

Remeber this guy took a 10sec penalty and still won the race.

I saw on Roadracing world, that Rossi's paying a bonus to his pit crew to move with him.

navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2003, 07:37 AM   #2
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Mark me well: Honda Will Pay...

Hah! In case you don't know the best info about all this is at speedtv.com. Dennis Noyes posts the goods. I'd like to chat but am feverishly working on the top-secret V-7 Yamaha... whoops, did I say that?!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I was hoping that, somehow, he would have gone to Ducati. Really fire up those passionate Italians! I think next season may be VERY interesting. Go Colin, Nicky, Kenny and John! Also Troy, Max, Loris, Sete and of course Haga (whatever series he ends up in, yes I'm surprised he didn't get a Honda), good luck to all the riders. Has anyone heard who's getting Rossi's old ride? I hope there will be no serious injuries next year, Kato's loss is still hard to take.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:20 AM   #4
Winger4Life
Founding Member

The question is: Will he still ride a Goldwing, or will he ride a Venture, when he is not on the track?
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:30 AM   #5
cornercarver
Founding Member

Last I heard, Rossi rides a CBR (don't know which size). I heard the words come directly from his mouth in the Faster movie last night, although it as a clip from the '01 or '02 season.

--sam

cornercarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #6
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Rossi said he's looking for challenge.

Did he win because of Honda's RC211V or was it his skill?

time will tell. it'll be interesting to see how he does 2004 on Yamaha M1
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #7
waepoint
Founding Member

Conventional wisdom (whatever that is) suggests that both Rossi and Yamaha are going to need one whale of an off-season development effort to get the M1 anywhere near podium condition. Next season is going to be a wicked good one with so many top riders on top machines, but I could see a potential for disappointment if Rossi is continually off the podium pace with an overmatched bike. But if anyone can make the magic happen with the Yam, it's Rossi. It's gonna be a nipple-erecting 2004 campaign ...

The initial news posting mentioned April 18th for South Africa ... does anyone know where / when the full schedule will be posted?
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
danis
Founding Member

One important point that hasn't been mentioned by the press is that Rossi will most likely bring Jerry Burgess and the rest of the tech team with him.

Those how know who is Jerry Burgess will understand what that means...

danis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:13 AM   #9
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Or was it because he had another year of experience on it than all but Ukawa? (remember what happened when Barros got on it late last year?) Or that next year all the Honda's will be the same spec with no full factory advantage? Rossi's good, maybe next year we'll (finally) get to see just how good. I think it would be hard to bet against Sete next year at this point.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:14 AM   #10
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Mark me well: Honda Will Pay...

Burnsy, seeing how you almost got me killed at CA Speedway when you put the rear brake calipers on wrong on the Gixxer 1000, I can only pray that for Rossi's sake you get nowhere near his V-7!!!

Put the monkey wrench down and slowly back away from the vehicle you angry, bitter, little man!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote