Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 11-10-2003, 08:16 AM   #11
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: It's official! Rossi to Yamaha

Biotch, you saw Faster last night!! I'm jealous

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Can you do us MoFo's a review and have it posted, Afew of us seem to be interested in the movie.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #13
maccasmark
Founding Member

Jerry Burgess (the man who helped Mick Doohan to 5 championships) has already signed with Yamaha.

As for the rest of the crew, some are following Rossi, but some are staying behind.
maccasmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #14
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

For the past 2 season Rossi was the best rider, on the best bike, with the best team. Now that he is no longer on the best bike but with his crew chief from Honda, Jerry Burgess he might be able to pull it off.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #15
jfgilbert
Founding Member

Default Faster

Sonmeone asked for a review of the movie. I would not call it a review, but here is my take:

It's not perfect, and $15 for an electronic projection on a 9 by 5 screen in a bare hall with folding chairs may look expensive, but don't miss it. 1 hour 40 minutes fast paced succession of interviews, comments, and race clips. Lots of spectacular crashes, some even more spectacular saves and passes, and a feel for what the GP circus must be like. What I did not care for: The sound track has a loud fast music background that makes it very hard to understand what is being said. Especially with these darn foreigners and their accents . There was too much emphasis on the Rossi/Biaggi rivalry, and the racing is too often reduced to crashing or not crashing. A lot is made of the riders' talent, and, imo, not enough of the work, training, mental preparation, and strategy they have to put into being that good. Production is a few notches above SpeedTV race coverage (duh), but not at movie level.

What I liked: It is fun, fast, and keeps the excitement up; you get to see a lot of really good race clips, some humor, some racers up close, and get a wide range of views, from Sheene to Hopkins.

I think it will help with the image of motorcycle racing, especially GP in the US.

Net: Well worth it. I would (will) see it again.

jfgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #16
bmwroadrider
Registered Member

look at www.motogp.com to find the complete 2004 schedule.

I belive they have it.

matt
bmwroadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #17
danis
Founding Member

<blockquote>Jerry Burgess (the man who helped Mick Doohan to 5 championships)</blockquote>

And Wayne Gardner too. That makes it 9 world championships under his belt.</p>

<blockquote>has already signed with Yamaha.

As for the rest of the crew, some are following Rossi, but some are staying behind</blockquote>

Yup. Thats true.</p>

So, it is not Rossi + M1 vs Honda, it is Rossi + Burgess + M1 vs Honda. That makes a lot of difference.</p>
danis is offline   Reply With Quote