Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-13-2003, 04:00 AM   #1
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Malaysian GP Results

Kind of an anti-climactic race, I thought. Rossi's victory was never in doubt, although at least Gibernau made him work (a little) for it. Makes you wonder if Valentino would go to a lesser manufacturer like Yamaha just to provide himself with a consistent challenge. Naw ... Ducati maybe, for the high profile potential for an Italian champion on an Italian bike, but any other move just doesn't make sense. The top rider will want to stay on the top bike.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2003, 06:11 AM   #2
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Hats off to Nicky. I for one didn't think the Georgia boy would do that well this year and would be homesick and racing in the ama next year. In the early season results and practices showed he had a long way to go. His articles in ROADRACING WORLD spoke of his coming to grips with the speeds/tracks, european food and missing his family. We are talking about a guy that was supported by his family and then went to being surrounded by strangers on the other side of the world...

I'm proud to say he proved me wrong. Congrats Nicky on a great first season in MotoGP!!!
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:40 AM   #3
cycleguy26
Founding Member

Kentucky boy, not Georgia. Nit pick, nit pick. Now the Texas Tornado needs to get Rossi's spot over at Honda. Then MotoGP will be an American race.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:14 AM   #5
SmokeU
Registered Member

GO NICKY!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:27 AM   #6
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Biaggi, as usual, blamed his bike's "lazy motor" and a bad tyre choice for getting third.

Hayden put in a good showing. Sete Gibernau put on a school on how to slide around corners on the throttle. I wish I could do that.

Finally, Kawasaki sucks in this series and should just quit to save the money. Being beaten by Proton KR is just pathetic.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:51 AM   #7
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Gibernau shows class. It has to be the green machine

I agree, Biaggi looked like a poor loser. Gibernau showed class in defeat. Kawasaki might use EBoz next year. But I wouldn't wish the green machine on anyone cause Pitt is a good rider not great but a good rider. He, Pitt, won World Supersport last year or the year before.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Nicky is from Kentucky man

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:02 PM   #9
kman45
Founding Member

Biaggi is always a sore loser, prolly why everybody loves to hate him. Notice how Sete was very congratulatory to Rossi? Then right after that Biaggi didn't say a damn thing to Rossi.

Nicky whoopsass, that's all there is to say. He's gonna finish 5th in the championship and has just shown extremely steady improvement the whole year. He's proven a lot of people wrong (he got CEII's ride hogwash) and proven he deserves everybit of the backing Honda gave him.

No doubt Kwak does suck in GP. They ought to keep and spend their money in the BSB and AMA SBK series and do well. EBoz will do a whole hell of a lot better on a bike that at least has a chance to be very competative in basically the "new" superbike series. I'd die if he had to go to MotoGP to take 15ths. He ought to ask Mladin or Chandler how great it is on a GP team with basically no chance.
kman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:54 PM   #10
merv
Founding Member

Yeah what's with this RC211V lazy motor thing? Do you think they were making Biaggi test the detuned motor they are going to put in the next Honda naked street bike to replace the 919 or something?

No doubt your boy Nicky is coming on. I hope Colin does get a Honda ride so he can compete better with these guys next year.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote