Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 08-18-2003, 05:33 AM   #1
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Brno GP Race Results

Man I dig this Grand Prix racing! I made it to my first AMA race this year at BIR and am hooked. Watching on TV is great but making it to the track was incredible.

The MotoGP reentry to the US next season will be the one race I will make for sure. IÂ’m hoping I can make it to Barber for the AMA race this year just to get a feel for camping sites and viewing spots for the GP next year.

Too bad the 125 and 250cc bikes wonÂ’t be coming though. The 250 race yesterday was as tight as the 4-strokers. The fight between De Puniet, Elias and Poggiali offered more to me as a spectator than the MotoGP race. Those guys, and even Roberto Rolfo, were crazed! They were bumping in turns, cutting different lines and blocking each other out in turns. Nieto (my man!) and Rolfo were in the fight for awhile then, tires baked, just couldnÂ’t hang with the lead three.

It was great racing all around yesterday.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2003, 07:06 AM   #2
Jon_Cowles
Founding Member

Sorry, no GP in the US until 2005. It's hard to believe that in the entire US we don't have a track that's worthy of a GP race. Barber is awsome (I rode there with NESBA earlier this year) but their paddock is not up to GP standards. And even if it was, at 2.2 miles it would be a small track for GP. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the racetracks being built here are for the stupid, mindless NASCRAP garbage.
Jon_Cowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:31 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

approximate official GP line "...the barber complex needs time to grow and host other motorcycle events ...."

2004 schedule

Qatar

Man I love the racing there and the huge racing blowout events they have put on.

Oh, and the schedule race in China in 2005, can't wait to see that one.

Obviously these 2 countries have way more experience with hosting race events than anyone in the US has.

GP just keeps blowing off American race fans left and right.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:55 AM   #4
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Crap!

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #5
SteadyRoller
Founding Member

It's pretty easy to see that the V5's are taking over. There has been a slow progression to the one true form of powerplant... V8. The rules that unfairly restrict Boss Hoss from completing in MotoGP are just delaying the day when everyone sees the reality that having a V configuration and 8 large cylinders is the only way to go. I mean... look at the singles... one large cylinder. Look at the v-twins, you got the V. Look at the inline 4's, 4 cylinders in parallel. Put them together and you got the Hoss. The motor in the Hoss is so good GM even puts them in their trucks and SUV's!!! When will these people learn.

Well, gotta go polish my Hoss.

SR
SteadyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
ckirk
Registered Member

After you polish your Hoss, take a look & give a listen to the Moto Guzzi V8 at the followiing link: http://www.onewest.net/~ckirk/Bikes/...kekohe2003.htm

Pretty amazing stuff!

These pics were taken at Pukekohe, NZ this last February by a friend of mine, Mike Anderson, who raced the Norton 350 shown on the site to 5 wins. As he is no braggert he made me take that bit of info off the web page.

Enjoy - Chris Kirk
ckirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:50 AM   #7
SteadyRoller
Founding Member

Thanks! That's good stuff... though I think a Hoss could take it in the corners! : )

SR
SteadyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
merv
Founding Member

Looks like your boy Nicky is starting to warm a bit.

Now if only Colin could get that 3 cylinder thing going better.

Cheers

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:44 PM   #9
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Ha, you went to the drunk fest? I was there on Saturday. Is there anyone here who knows if BIR is the only place that allows drinking & driving on the track grounds? I was at Laguna last summer and it wasn't nearly as crazy as BIR. People build big platforms on top of their pickups and bolt couches and chairs and a keg on them and just drive around swilling. Or they do the same thing to a snowmobile trailer and just have someone tow the drunks around all day. I believe the driver can drink too. It's pretty funny really. I figured this must be normal for AMA races but Laguna folk were quite well behaved.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote