Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-28-2003, 05:50 AM   #1
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

Default Re: German GP Results

First post?!

Gotta say the finish was amazing...

And props to the Ducatis for taking 3rd & 4th, epecially Bayliss with the podium...

And way to go Nicky... Nice 5th place finish!
bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
OConnor
Founding Member

Default Re: German GP Results

I was hoping he could hold 4th but it didn't happen. I hope to see him up there next year after he's had some time to learn the tracks.

Haga crashed as expected...
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 10:48 AM   #3
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Hayden

Nicky is riding very well and consistently finishes.

Where are all the Hopkins fans from the beginning of the season who were saying that Hayden wasn't as talented as Hopkins? Looks like he's doing much better in his first season.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden

"Where are all the Hopkins fans from the beginning of the season who were saying that Hayden wasn't as talented as Hopkins? Looks like he's doing much better in his first season."

No and no. First of all, Hayden is on vastly better equipment than Hopkins. Its amazing that Hopkins even finishes races- that POS Suzuki tossed KRJR (a former WORLD CHAMPION) off so hard that he's missed three or four races. Second, this isn't Hopkins first season, its his second. He rode a two-stroke Yamaha last year on a support team (again, not as good equipment as Nicky but better than what he has now) and finished 15th. Put Nicky on a bike that isn't better than eight of the nine guys in front of him and see what he does- he'll be back a few spots in the points.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:13 AM   #5
sjriott
Founding Member

I fully realize that Hopkins is in his 2nd year, I'm just saying that Hayden is doing better than Hopkins did. Kenny Roberts ran into Hopkins and wiped them both out. Had nothing to do with the bike.

Hayden is doing amazingly well for a rookie in the MotoGP class. Like him or not, they guy is for real and it's only a matter of time before he is at or near the top.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:43 AM   #6
theinnkeeper
Founding Member

he is doing all right, for having the most powerful machine out there. when you watch rossie on the same machine. you can see how powerful it is. the only thing that has kept rossie from tying up the whole motogp early has been his own mistakes.

Troy Bayliss is doing much better on a first year machine.

theinnkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I guess that's what I'm disagreeing with- I don't think Hayden is doing worse, just not any better than Hopper would have done given equal equipment.

And Roberts' crash WAS caused by the bike- according to him, it went suddenly sideways on him when he downshifted one gear (it shouldn't do that with a slipper clutch) and he couldn't recover fast enough to avoiding running into Hopper.