Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   Catalunya GP Results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/1922-catalunya-gp-results.html)

cycleguy26 06-16-2003 04:41 AM

Re: Catalunya GP Results

It's good to see that it's not just a one man game this year, although Rossi will win the championship, it's good to see others win now and then

fizzchem 06-16-2003 04:46 AM

Nice showing by Hayden.

Two Kawis crash out. Ouch.

jmeyn 06-16-2003 05:25 AM

1, 2, 1, 2...

VR Rex seems to lose his battle with boredom every other race. He's careful, however, to lose to people to whom he can afford to lose.

On a given day one of a select group of riders can beat Rossi. Unfortunately, Rossi does the selecting.

ValkBandit 06-16-2003 07:16 AM

congrats to ducati ...

i'll bet suzuki, kawasaki, and yamaha are gnashing their teeth. ducati has put together a winner first time out.

rossi's ride from sixth to second was epoch. he sliced through the top riders in the world like corner markets. the kid is good.

next year will be interesting if that ducati gets better still.

Mashuri 06-16-2003 07:55 AM

Great race! Rossi is scary fast when he finally gets serious. The only other person I've seen ride like that is Bayliss. He's still my pick to become VR's main rival...once he gets his machine sorted out.

merv 06-16-2003 11:13 AM

It would seem though that Loris is getting to grips with the Duc and is now consistently fast so I expect him to be challenging regularly. Troy seems to be losing it a bit. Now that Loris is shining he may be getting all the attention from the team - who knows. As I said on the earlier thread Colin Edwards deserves better. That damn Cube has all the fancy electronic stuff like fly-by-wire throttle, but as Colin lamented, the Hondas and the Ducs have launch control so the Cube doesn't have the things that really matter. Colin is left with massive wheelie problems on the line when the others have disappeared into the distance. He also spoke of wheelie problems out of turns - the bike just isn't right. Is that what happens when you let F1 dudes build you and engine whereas Honda and Ducati know motorcycles and can obviously build great engines. With our man Adrian Gorst as chief engineer they do seem to be sorting it slowly but then it died at this race - bugger.

Damn if Ducati are this good will I one day have to trade the VFR and not keep it forever?

Cheers

Merv.

captainwhoopass 06-16-2003 03:08 PM

Ninth? With all the Yamahas and a bunch of B-team Hondas in front of him? Not that great...

Mashuri 06-16-2003 09:55 PM

Speaking as a '03 VFR owner myself, if Ducati releases a street-going V4 Desmosedici my Viffer will be in the classifieds faster than you can say "VTEC!"