Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   EXCRETE A BRICK! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1921)

brickl 06-15-2003 06:54 PM

Re: EXCRETE A BRICK!

Joy!

Holy_Kaw 06-15-2003 07:31 PM

Beating the Honda Juggernaut is no mean feat. I wasn't sure it could be done this year. Bravo Ducati! Bravo Loris!

giuliom 06-15-2003 08:04 PM

I watched the race on SpeedTV. I liked the race Capirossi ran and I think the Ducati will improve even more, which will make things interesting. Rossi made a mistake, getting off course while trying to stay wide of Capirossi in a curve. HOwever, he corrected that by not falling, maintaing control of the bike beautifully, getting back on track (after being deep in the gravel pit) even though at that point he was running 9th or so. THEN, the show began!!! One of the greatest, if not the greatest show of riding ability I have ever seen. Rossi was a maniac and was gaining more than ONE SECOND (even 1.5) per lap on Capirossi and the other leaders. He was running lap record times well after the time the commentators had said that tires were going to be shredded early because of the heat, and that it was impossible to run record times in that heat. He passed Checa and Nakano like they were on trikes. He passed GIbernau for second and at that point he was 3 seconds behind Capirossi (after being something like 18 seconds behind) with two laps to go, and even Rossi could not make that up, especially after Capirossi realized what was going on and pushed harder for the last two laps. BY then the bike was fishtailing all over the place under braking and was skidding (actually could see smoke a couple of times) in curves. I don't like Valentino Rossi in some ways, but right now he is by far the best rider there is on this planet. Anyone who saw the race and disputes that needs to have his eyes and head examined.

Giulio

merv 06-15-2003 09:50 PM

Respect. That's the word for Ducati. They have done well and so has Loris. Troy seems to have slipped a bit now. As for Rossi, what's not to like about the guy - he's a legend in his time, he's humble, has a sense of humour, admits his mistakes and can ride like hell. You don't hear him griping about his bike. The rest of the year will be very interesting if Loris can keep up that sort of show. What about poor old Biaggi? When he got blown away he couldn't handle it. Colin Edwards? Give that man a Honda or a Ducati, he deserves better.

Cheers

Merv.

Betamax 06-15-2003 11:35 PM

Agreed. I don't like him either, but who cares? He's the best out there right now.

AUDIKRIS 06-16-2003 04:38 AM

Honda 5-banger not so invincible??? I'm a Duc fan, but after seeing this guy come back from 6th place with 9 laps to go and almost win it... I'm just glad the race ended when it did. Rossi looked like he was on the only GP bike out there....

HelterSkelter 06-16-2003 04:58 AM

How many cylinders was that again?

I'm biting my tongue!

fizzchem 06-16-2003 05:45 AM

Re: Agreed

Rossi made it evident that the best rider (and bike?) out there did not win the race.

Makes you wonder about his ability; does he ride down to the level of his competition? If he put those laps on at the beginning of the race, there would have been no pass, no off-track incident, only Rossi leading a parade.

KPaulCook 06-16-2003 06:20 AM

Oh please stop! Rossi and Honda still rule.

One race where Rossi makes a mistake and Ducati wins. Rossi almost came back and won it. Notice the Ducati has 4 cylinders by the way TwinHeads. Rossi is the greatest rider of all time! Never before has the competition been this great (measured by the number of champion riders in the field and the number of bike makers). However, having said that Ducati and Capirossi deserve a lot of credit. Hope Ducati puts lights on the MotoGP bike and sells it, Because it looks a hell alot better than the 999

KPaulCook 06-16-2003 06:21 AM

Agreed 2

You are correct Rossi is the best! But it is fun to watch Ducati and I love Capirossi.