Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-15-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
Woozy
Founding Member

Default Re: Launch of MotoGP movie `Faster´ at the Cannes Festival

Go to the site, click on "news". The (very short) blurb on the movie is right there.
Woozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #2
staff
Registered Member

Dang site is harder to navigate than MO!
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:47 AM   #3
GregGorman
Founding Member

Think that's bad? Check out the Cannes Festival site, http://www.festival-cannes.com. I can't find 'Faster' listed nor can I find any listings for the Riviera 8 theater for that matter. Maybe it's a fake press release to generate interest...
Old 05-16-2003, 03:40 AM   #4
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Motorcycle films seem to be popular at the can film fest. check out this, it looks to be a tad cheesy.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-May/0305015a.htm
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:17 AM   #5
soloyosh
Founding Member

Next question...

Where can I buy it, or see it on this side of the pond?
Old 05-16-2003, 06:03 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

I've been back in LA for a couple of weeks on business and I've noticed something a bit disturbing. It seems that every guy I see on a race replica is whitelining down the freeway in a totally insane manner. I mean these guys are scooting between cars where the freeway speeds are like 50mph or more. Except for one guy on a new ZX6R (with a paper plate) every single sportbiker I've seen is doing this.

I can see whitelining when the freeway is stop and go, but this whitelinibg at 70+ when the traffic is doing 60 is nuts.

I didn't notice this phenomena as regularly when I was hever a few year ago. Is there something in the water? Did BikerBoyz cause this? What gives? If anything is going to cause the legislature to specifically ban white lining it's this insanity.

Will more movies worsen this behavior? Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't you know that squids on sportbikes have superior riding skills to the rest of us?

The faster the bike, the better the rider, right?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:35 AM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Excellent Point. Harleys keep right please
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:29 AM   #9
sjriott
Founding Member

I've got a cruiser, sport bike and have ridden dirt for 26 years. Hardley riders are the absolute least skilled riders on the road.

All these idiots who have never ridden a bike before buying huge, poor handling cruisers. On top of that, they are out riding around in a skull cap, chaps and fringed clothing instead of a helmet . Trust me, they don't look too good when they are layed out on the road.

The Retarded Republic of Kalifornia is the only place I've seen idiots riding down the middle of the lanes and I've seen an equal number of cruisers and sport bikes. It's not legal here.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:39 AM   #10
toki
Founding Member

I think that's just the way it's been going for the past few years. I live down here in OC, and since about 99-00, the sportbike thing has been catching on big time, at least from what i noticed. I think the lane-splitting at high speeds can be attributed to the fact that there's just more people with bikes on the freeway, and with that will come more squids.

My roommate just got a new bike awhile bike, a brand new F4i (when F4is were still the shiz) and he just started lane splitting all over...but he never split at red lights. I don't understand his logic for that, but I tried to tell him to take it easy, being that he's a brand spanking new rider...but some people think that because they ride bikes in the first place, they're God's gift to the motorworld.

I was part of a bike club that I won't name, but it was located at a university in SoCal. They would go riding on the weekends, and I have to say that just about everyone ate it at least once. I think it's because testosterone got into the equation and they just threw caution to the wind. I'm no riding guru by far, but I wish the license requirements were more stringent when issuing to those under 30 (I'm 23).

Living in Southern Cali makes access to fresh seafood easy, but we just have too many damn squids.
toki is offline   Reply With Quote