Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2003, 10:05 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Launch of MotoGP movie `Faster´ at the Cannes Festival

Well at least you didn't make any broad generalizations.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #12
grubz916
Registered Member

You'd think the cost of insurance would keep most young newbie riders away from sportbikes but that obviusly hasn't been the case. Many ride w/out insurance, or like my carrier here in NJ offers, buy the cheapest liability coverage they can (10/10/15 K). I'd hate to be on the recieving end of a crash w/ that dude!

I agree, the licensing reqm'ts here are a joke. In return for fleecing you of your money, the DMV offers little guarantee of the caliber of new drivers being licensed every year. I generally oppose any kind of additional knee-jerk regulation, but tiered licensing seems to make sense. After all, you can't just jump into a tanker truck at 16. There are a lot things a light, small displacement bike can teach you about vehicle control. I doubt restricting newbies to 250's or 400's for a year would generate undue hardship. Of course the burden should't be entirely for motorcyclists to bear. The same should apply to cars, or if not then at least incorporate stricter requirements, including knowledge of the english language.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:29 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Point taken. Mine isn't a scientific sampling. But of the bikes I've seen in the last two weeks the cruiser types aren't doing this insane lanesplitting thing almost one for one like the sportbikers.

Maybe it's because the cruisers have a wider profile and that discourages some of the more insane antics, but I've seen what I've seen and the sportbikers are simply nuts around here.

As totalitarian as Kalif has become in the last few years, especially under Vladimir Davis, it won't take more than some squid preciptating an accident that kills a couple of kids to bring on some serious anti-motorcycle legialation.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:25 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

"Maybe it's because the cruisers have a wider profile and that discourages some of the more insane antics" Bingo cruisers suck for doing it. Cruisers are go for going in straight lines on flat roads-Midwest Here in WA I have seen more cruiser nuts break laws than squids.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:10 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Wrong again. I did plenty of lane splitting on my Low Rider and I split on the E-Glide. I think my Ducati's mirrors are wider than either of my Harleys and when the hard bags are on the back she's got a wide arse too!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote