Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-12-2003, 02:43 AM   #1
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: Jerez MotoGP Race Results

Great race by Bayliss. By the way Capirossi was smoking his tires out of every turn while Bayliss took it a bit more easy to conserve his tires meant that Bayliss was always going to finish in front of Capirossi, even if he didn't crash. They need to get the handling of that thing sorted though. They seem to be saying it's producing to much heat which might be causing the tires to go off a bit early as well, so there are plenty of things to work on. But nothing they can't fix. They'll be right there for the win before the end of the year for sure.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2003, 03:36 AM   #2
aknopak
Founding Member

I understand this is a Ducati press release, but failing to mention Rossi's brilliant performance does no justice to Rossi (or Ducati for that matter).

I was enormously impressed with Rossi, it was great to see him so obviously enjoying himself, powering away from the rest. I saw the world champion right there.

Ducati's performance is amazing, and it's good to see Hopkins apparently gaining speed on the Suzuki.

On the other hand, I can't believe how far Yamaha is lagging at the moment. Barros has never been a very consistent rider, but the bike doesn't seem to have the speed either.

Which again makes the Ducati's performance even more amazing. Wait, what was my point again... Oh yeah, Rossi is the best, forget the rest
aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:52 AM   #3
Dynaguy
Founding Member

While Rossi is not mentioned in Ducati's press release (understandable to me, at least), I was impressed that in the post race interview, the first thing Troy Bayliss did was to compliment Rossi and Biaggi. Bayliss is a class competitor and will do very well in Moto GP.
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:52 AM   #4
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Ducati press release?

i am delighted for ducati. no doubt they have a bright future in MotoGP. but what about honda finishing one/two? no quotes from rossi? no mention that he coasted to a six-second win? this report looks suspiciously like a ducati press release.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati press release?

You might want to check the top of the copy where it says "press release issued by Ducati Corse."

Brilliant deduction Holmes!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:49 AM   #6
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Doh! Sorry ....

ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:55 AM   #7
vfrpinckney
Founding Member

I'm a little disappointed in the performance of Barros after the speed he was showing in off-season testing, but he is riding hurt. I thought he put in a good ride today--hopefully he'll be back to full health soon and the Yamaha will be able to keep the pace.

Capirossi has been watching too many Gary McCoy videos.

Bayliss is awesome; consider the fact that his first roadrace came at the age of 23--Rossi had already bagged 4 world titles by then.
vfrpinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #8
merv
Founding Member

So what do you reckon do Ducati not have enough electronic gizmos to control traction and stuff like that to look after the tires? They obviously have the grunt but maybe its in a good old fashioned mechanical way with no devine intervention from the silicon chip.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Thank God for the 250 race, at least it was fun to watch. What a comeback for Elias from over 5 seconds down in 4th to win. That was awesome unlike the 3 solo man joyride that was the MotoGP race. Rossi was amazing though, looked like everyone else was standing still as he effortlessly rode on by. The standing on the seat wheelie across the line was cool to. When you are that bad you may as well flaunt it.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote