Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-25-2003, 10:36 AM   #11
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: GP Circus Rolls On

Thanks for this post, JB! It's the kind of tribute Kato most deserves.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
jmeyn
Founding Member

For some reason, the Isle of Man TT seems like a special case to me. All the riders know how particularly dangerous it is, yet they come. It's like "tickling the tail of the Dragon"* or running with the bulls at Pamplona.

*Moving two lots of weapon grade Uranium oxide close enough together to approach critical mass.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 06:53 AM   #13
rsheidler
Founding Member

I agree completely. That is one event that I really want to experience before I die, as is running with the bulls at Pamplona. I seriously had intended to do both while I lived in Europe, but somehow kept putting it off, and now I suspect I will be able to do neither. There is a lesson in there someplace, I believe.

When I saw this article on Crash.net, I couldn't help but be struck with the irony of the situation -- juxtoposed with numerous articles about Kato's death, tributes from riders and others, and discussions of possible Suzuka bocotts, here is this post about Triumph returning to the TT!

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote