Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #11
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Daijiro Kato Loses Final Race

I am reminded of the famous statement by Papa Hemmingway, to the effect that there are only three true sports -- bullfighting, mountainclimbing and motorracing -- the rest are just games.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2003, 06:06 PM   #12
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: From Colin Edwards' Web Site

Thanks -- I should have realized that. I just assumed it was something to do with my crappy, slow and unreliable dial-up connection. I am now downloading the quickplayer -- looks like it will take about an hour and one half! Gotta get a dish connection ASAP!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 05:01 AM   #13
ollie
Founding Member

I'll never forget a post-race interview I saw with Kato after a podium finish of his. While I don't remember his words, I do remember his incredible up-beat personality and permanent smile. I also remember him holding his child in his arms the whole time. I was so impressed with him as a person, he became one of my favorite riders immediately. I was so saddened to hear of his bad crash - my thoughts turned immediately to his wife and family. Now, I'm thinking even more of them. His wife must have been living in fear of this day every day, and now her worst fear has been realized. His children... My heart goes out to them. I feel so badly that his family and the world has lost such a great person. My only comfort is knowing that he does have children who might grow up to be of the same caliber.

Rest in peace Kato, and god bless you and your family.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:34 PM   #14
obandoj
Founding Member

Very sad day, motorcycle racing is a real sport, the rest are just games. My condolences to everybody involved in our great but sometimes oh so cruel sport.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote