Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-04-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: News to Brighten KPaul's Day ;-)

You too?

They just finished the SuperSport practice -- Ben Spies was quickest followed by a bunch of Yamahas -- I think quickest Honda was 6th (I didn't save the ama live timing page and can't find results posted yet).

Looks like that obsolete POS little gixxer ain't dead yet! Spies looks like hot sh!t -- he is now leading the FX practice as well (now under red flag)

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2003, 10:56 AM   #22
rsheidler
Founding Member

SuperSport times now posted CLICK HERE

SuperStocks are now on track, but Sean doesn't yet appear on the live timing -- there are apparently a bunch of transponders that don't match to a rider name/number (I assume because they are newly licensed)
Old 04-04-2003, 11:09 AM   #23
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Where is Sean?

All the transponders seem to have rider names attached now, and still no Sean on the live timing.

Tommy Hayden is at the top on the Kawasaki 636 so it looks like the concept works. Where is our Sean?
Old 04-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #24
hucaby
Founding Member

Default Re: Japanese GP Qualifying Times

I guess to all of you who said that Ducati was faster and better than Aprilia, let me just say: it shows! Edwards=9th, Bayliss=13th, and Capirossi=15th. Are you guys still gonna bet against the Aprilia? C'mon! Let's be real! The only way Ducati is gonna win is if they have their own series and rules, kinda like SBK. When was the last time they won an AMA championship? They even can't do that anymore. The only resemblance they have with Ferrari is the use of colors, not racing heritage!
hucaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #25
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Where is Sean?

Thanks, Bob. Keep this info coming. I'm on the edge of my seat.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #26
rsheidler
Founding Member

Of course if you go by the free practice which was dry, Capirossi was first, and Haga was 7th with Colin 8th.

If you believe that the qualifying times in those screwy weather conditions are valid measures of bike/rider capability, I guess you think that Kenny Robert's Suzuki is better than Alex Barros' Yamaha! Or maybe that proves that Bridgestone tires are better than Dunlops and most Michelins since Tomada was faster than all the Dunlop riders and all but 4 Michelin riders. I guess that also means that Burns WCM is faster than Nicky's RCV?

I am not yet prepared to say which bike is currently better, but both are one hell of a lot better than anyone could reasonably have predicted a few months ago. Either can conceivably get on the podium right now.

Regards (yeah, right!)

Bob

Old 04-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Yipee, I am just glad it won't be like WSB, the Ducati Cup. AMA did something right. Diversity is good thing.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #28
KPaulCook
Banned

I am just happy there is a Ducati and Apilia in the race along with Kawaski.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 12:09 PM   #29
rsheidler
Founding Member

Unless something changed at the very end, Tommy Hayden put the 636 up front for that practice session (I actually had to do some work -- how inconsiderate of my co-workers) and didn't catch the final minutes.

Superbike qualification is underway now -- Mladin and Yates have been trading spots up front, while BBoz seems to have pulled his head out of his ass and in in a close third (he was 10th this morning). Opps, now BBoz is in second!

No sign of Pegram, after being 5th this morning. Oh, he is now out on the track. Has done 4 laps but not yet matching this morning's times.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #30
rsheidler
Founding Member

Where is Ben Spies? He was 2nd fastest this morning, and fastest in almost everything else (Supersport and FX). Maybe he is sitting our this session to concentrate on the 600 Supersport qualification which comes in a few minutes.

There is a second qualifying session for Superbike tomorrow, but only the one for Supersport and Superstock.