Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-31-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: GP Testing at Suzuka

I am so ready for the season myself! Goodluck and Health to every participant. May the best rider/bike combo win it all this year. I hope it's at least almost as exciting as I think it will be.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2003, 05:23 AM   #2
blademan
Founding Member

Good to see the Tornado finally on the pace. Hope he does well. Finally, the season is here.

GWB is a cracker
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:55 AM   #3
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Here's the latest

Apparently Honda published these times when they had the advantage. Here's the latest. It's a horserace!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:49 AM   #4
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's the latest

I believe that the times above are the final ones, while your link was for day one. Still, it clearly is a horserace.

News from Colin's dad is that Aprilia were supposed to use a new, more flexible swingarm, but there was some unidentified technical problem with it and they had to go back to the stiffer swingarm. Supports my theory that additional tuned chassis flex is the main change that Colin and his team have been introducing to the Aprilia in the offseason.

BTW, dunno if anyone else has the problem I do with links to the MotoGP site -- the back arrow doesn't bring me back here (actually can't get out of the MotoGP News page with the back arrow.

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:25 AM   #5
layback
Founding Member

Man....can't wait untill sunday, I would love to see Edwards smoke em' all, but that may be a long shot, but hell, it will be great no matter who wins.

Go Colin Go!!!!!!!!!
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:39 AM   #6
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's the latest

It's all about keeping the tires on the ground, isn't it?

You must be right, 'cause the link times are slower.

They use some kind of Java page management that periodically reloads and adds to the history list. If you back arrow a few times it finally comes back (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to preview my post!).
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 AM   #7
hucaby
Founding Member

Can Biaggi do a repeat of 1998 and defeat Rossi like he defeated Doohan? Don't bet against it!

Will Aprilia kick Ducati's ass? Of course!
hucaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:17 AM   #8
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Uh, I don't know what planet you are living on , but on this one Doohan won the championship in 1998, and soundly kicked Biaggi's ass that year and every year they raced against each other. I also highly doubt that Aprilia's slower bike will defeat Ducati.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:47 PM   #9
rsheidler
Founding Member

You are, of course, correct about Doohan vs Biaggi on this planet. Maybe in some other dimension, Biaggi kicked his ass

As to Ducati vs Aprilia, I would be hard pressed to say which is faster at this time. Colin was faster than Capi at Suzuka and Jerez, but in other venues has been slower. I am not sure just where I would put my bets right now. Colin might be the better racer of the two, while Capi know the tracks and the competition better. All I know is that I will be cheering for both teams. Hell, there are so many riders I like in the field this year that I find yself cheering for almost everyone. Some for different reasons -- eg KRJR and Biaggi because they are underdogs (not because they are likeable himan beings).

Can't wait!

Bob

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:33 PM   #10
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I can cheer for Edwards and Capirossi because they seem like decent sportsmen with the desire to win. However, I can't lower myself to cheer for KRJR and Biatchi. They whine too much and always blame the bike when they don't win.