Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Pretty Impressive Press Release

Looks like Sito has not only hired to top-notch riders, but also a damn fine PR flack -- that has to be one of the best-written press releases I have read.

I really respect Sito Pons, and if anyone can get Biaggi up front, Sito is probably the one. Too bad for Sito (good for the rest of us who want to see someone other than Honda challenge for the wins), that he lost two of the finest riders in GP today -- Alex Barros to Yamaha, and Loris Capirossi to Ducati. From what I read, both speak very highly of Pons.

Bring on the racing!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Pretty Impressive Press Release

Ditto on the PR thing- this release is awesome. Best reading on this whole site (just kidding).

It will be interesting to see how Biatchi does this year. He has no more excuses.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:16 AM   #3
rsheidler
Founding Member

Back when he was in 250 GP, I really respected Max. Maybe he was as much of a whiner then as now, but since he was generally winning, he didn't feel the need to be so vocal about it.

He reminds me a bit of KRJR -- a talented rider and does very well when he has absolutely first-rate equipment, but not so motivated otherwise.

He is one of those guys that likes to play head games on other riders (according to Nicky Hayden, he tried to suck him into overcooking a turn in one of the early tests) but ironically, it seems that it is Rossi who has managed to mindf#ck HIM.

It seems like Honda are going out of their way to play into Max's paranoia as well. The pointedly left him out of their last private test (prior to the IRTA test) and he is apparently the only RCV pilot who still has to fight with the problematic slipper clutch that caused Rossi so many problems late last season -- everyone else gets the newer, reportedly much improved clutch.

I do not undeerstand Honda's reasoning here -- seems like if they (actually Pramac) are gonna pay Max millions per year to ride the RCV, they would not want to give him excuses to fail. Guess I just don't understand Honda internal politics.

Regards

Bob
Old 03-25-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
obandoj
Founding Member

And who does, they have been acting and doing some very odd things lately, my love affair with Honda is history. By the way, are you going to attend the Historic races in Phoenix? It should be great.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:11 AM   #5
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default AHRMA Races

Dunno for sure, but I hope I can be there.

Bob