Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
BadCop
Founding Member

Default Re: Back to the Future?

That was a good one Bob!

You're spot on in your suspicions of Japanese innovation. Of course the Japanese are copying HD for there dual shocks and flexy frames. You see, it's just like the proverbial broken clock....it's always correct twice a day! By doing nothing, HD has been rewarded and vindicated for their superior design, it just took the Japanese, Italians, and everyone else 20 years to realize the error of their ways. In another 20 years, the venerable pushrod will be hailed as the next revolution in racing technology, HD simply has to hold tight until then.
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #2
v2-90
Founding Member

ROFLMAO!!!

So, in 40 years, valves will be back in the cylinder (iron ones of course), we'll switch to more efficient 6V charging systems, and also realize the full performance potential of mechanical vs. digital ignition systems.

Oh yeah, tubes in tires will be found to help balance rotating inertia abnormalities...

Classic.

v2-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
BadCop
Founding Member

When will the Japanese and Italians ever learn (from HD).....as the saying goes "they just don't build things like they used to".
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 06:05 PM   #4
banda
Founding Member

Make fun if the Edge family all you want, but they get invited to major product introductions while you sit at home, waiting for the snow to clear enough so you can clean the oil spots in your car port.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 06:07 PM   #5
Nem
Registered Member

nice typo, dork edge.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 06:32 PM   #6
v2-90
Founding Member

Maybe "they" get invited to things, but as for sitting at home, waiting for the snow to clear...

Gee - went riding today, temp was around 70F, same for tomorrow (maybe a tad warmer). Going riding tomorrow too - of course before I do, I'll check my driveway as you request and look for any oil spots. Oh wait - the bikes are in the garage and oh yeah, they don't leak either.

Hmmm, you were saying???