Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 12-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #11
staff
Registered Member

Default I love it!

I think you guys have hit the gamer jackpot! Start coding! Start coding!

Eric Bass
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2002, 11:50 AM   #12
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Online Motorcycle Racing

As an Air Brake?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:54 AM   #13
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: more great ideas

How do you drink Bear?

The only thing I can think of, fits right in with The Highwayman's homoerotic atrocteur postings.

Old 12-23-2002, 05:28 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: more great ideas

Rubbies is short for Rising Urban bikers. You know, the accountants and dentists who don long-haired wigs and ride their Heritage Specials and Fatboys that they paid $5000 over MSRP for. They are easily identifiable by the average mileage of less than 1000 per year on their odometers.

Also a dead giveaway is the absolutely perfect condition of their bikes and leathergoods, for those bikes with the digital odometers. (HD changed to digital odometers as a favor to these clowns to hide the embarassment of others seeing only 1785 miles on a 4 year old Harley.)
Old 12-23-2002, 09:43 AM   #15
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Because it would make it fly as fast as a jet, as long as you mounted it backwards (and the wings didn't fall off).

We built a detector here once to assist in recovering rounds fired by A-10's during training exercises. Watching a GAU cannon at close range is an impressive sight. The pilots told us that recoil would cause the aircraft to stall if you weren't careful.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:44 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

I've worked in a building next to the one where they overhaul the 30mm cannons. I've watched some test firings. They cap off 100 rounds. Takes about a blink of an eye.

Very impressive. Very effective against SUVs, if I can figure how to mount one on my Suzuki.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:07 PM   #17
J190pruf
Founding Member

I think that the best motorcycle racing sim I ahve ever played is GP500. Unfourtunatly it never was released in the USA so a lot of gamers missed out on it. But it is a really good game, there are also lots of ppl online who update the game, so you can race GP500 althe way from 86 to 03 and probably beyond.
J190pruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 07:41 AM   #18
T333
Founding Member

I don't think you can host an Xbox live game on an Linux server farm, guys... I could be wrong, but the proprietary walls are up pretty high around the XB Live server traffic, and to good effect apparently: virtually zero lag, and no cheats.

And yes old-timers, we know a game ain't the same as the real thing. Believe it or not, that's the whole point of playing games. If it's fun, it's fun, no matter whether you're crushing the competition with a cartoon 90 ton walking tank or a virtual crotch rocket. Or checkers or a Monopoly board for that matter.
T333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
toki
Founding Member

I'm thinking some sort of HL Mod game would be great to host up here, even if it isn't motorcycle related. It'd give us chances to bond and meet each other, as well as avoid the prepubescent/highschool/idiotic servers that currently exist out there in cyberspace. All we would need is a password to keep n00bs out and we could start pwning each other. =D
toki is offline   Reply With Quote