Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to GP1?

He deserves it more than Nicky. I'm not taking anything away from Nicky, but a WSB title is more impressive than an AMA title. Plus he wasn't run close by someone on a way inferior 750 four. It really will be interesting to see Rossi, Edwards, Bayliss, Hayden etc contesting in the same arena.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2002, 11:03 AM   #2
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: F U Honda!

IF I were Edwards I wouldn't want to be a part of the Honda team after the way they treated him. Honda should have thought this all through much better because they look stupid now. They were in such a rush to keep Nicky that they almost lost Edwards, who, if the past Sunday's racing is any incication, is really at the top of his craft.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #3
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Kawasaki Calls It Quits

"This weekend's final round of the 2002 World Superbike and Supersport Championships at Imola has special significance for the Harald Eckl run Fuchs Kawasaki Racing Team, marking as it does their last appearance in the world's premier production championship. "

from http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/news.asp?News=1&ID=3796

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Edwards to GP1? Just look at ....

I agree just look at Laguna Seca results. The WSB boys showed why they are better.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:30 PM   #5
vfrpinckney
Founding Member

Default Re: F U Honda!(?)

Edwards may harbour some bitterness toward Honda, but he is smart enough to take a competitive GP ride if it is offered. I hope that he does go to GP, because I think that his talents would be wasted in WSB next year.

I do think that Edwards' absence would make the title hunt in WSB much more interesting next year.
vfrpinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:41 PM   #6
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: F U Honda!

I agree -- on the other hand, Colin is professional enough to look first to what is best for his career -- should he turn down what is arguably the best seat in racing just because his feelings were hurt?

On the other hand, (I guess that makes 3 hands! That is why I leave the professional writing to guys like Burns!) if Yamaha were to make a similar offer, especially considering their new-found performance..................For Colin to beat them on a Yamaha would really rub their noses in it!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #7
Huff955
Founding Member

Sundays two races were quite possibly the most entertaining races in the past couple of years. Edwards and Bayliss were un friggen stoppable. If Edwards does go to Honda, its going to be...."what was that kid from Kentuckys name again??".. and..oh how I'll miss the Joe Rocket commercials...
Huff955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
easyriderT177
Founding Member

Damn straight. Wasn't Edwards posting faster times on the RCV during tests than Rossi? He deserves it so much more than Haydon there is no comparison between the two riders. Two world titles, 3 Suzuka wins I believe. He is the man for the job, on equal equipment with a good crew Rossi may not have it so easy. His riding this past season speaks for itself.
easyriderT177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #9
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Calls It Quits

Sniff, Sniff

WSB just will not be the same with out Kawasaki (or Yamaha who previously announced they would not participate). Hope Suzuke stays in, but I am not so sure about that.

With Honda apparently going lower profile, and with most of the "name" stars jumping to MotoGP, I am afraid that we won't see the great WSB racing in the future. Sure hope I am wrong about that. Could end up with Ducati vs Aprilia.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:56 PM   #10
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to GP1? Just look at ....

They showed why Michelins are better. THat's about it.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote