Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-04-2002, 11:16 AM   #51
Speedfreak_2
Founding Member

Default Boring HRC will donintate GP...

HRC is now giving (selling) the V5 for other teams to put in non HRC frames. (See MCN). Edwards would be wise to stick with HRC but as a spectator I would like to see him kick some HRC ass on a Desmocedici or a Yami.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2002, 11:24 AM   #52
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default whups

Too much NyQuil? Dunno- sorry 'bout the confusion of the facts there.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:25 AM   #53
Speedfreak_2
Founding Member

Default Don't forget 1000s allowed to run in WSB

British SBK has already shown that the R1 and Gixxer1000 can run against the Duke. I would not rule out anything. However, WSB may be the new 250 class for GP with the WSB riding to get the MOTOGP WORLD.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:41 AM   #54
Speedfreak_2
Founding Member

Default Rossi in Cars

There is no way Rossi is going to make the same money he is making now racing anything but bikes. I live "Over There" and the mags that I read and interviews I have seen, seem to have Rossi very contect with Honda.

He likes cars because he started with karts when he was 7 or 8.

He will race cars in the future but he still has to beat Douhan for the Most GP titles. That would not be a bad goal to achieve.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:49 AM   #55
Speedfreak_2
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to GP1?

Honda does care who rides there machines.

America is a "fairly large" sales market (one of the biggest in the world). An american riding any Jap bike and wining will sell bikes over there.

Case in Point. Yamaha is going big on their 600 AMA team this year. Why do you think? 600s sell.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:29 PM   #56
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default RoadracingWorld.com says it is official!

roadracingworld.com has just reported (based on comments Edwards made at Firebird Raceway in Arizona this afternoon) that it is for sure -- Colin will be on a Honda GP. He was supposed to do some promo visits with the bike at Phoenix area dealers, but the dock strike held up the bike.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #57
rvscheidejr
Founding Member

Default Sting Like A Frickin Bee!

Dear Yamaha Racing Team,

OK, I grew up racing motocross in the 70s, back when Bob Hannah was the deal. The third bike I owned was the first YZ-125 monoshock. I've been partial to the yellow and black, and, subsequently, the red and white and black, and the blue, ever since. So here's what a I don't understand about your MotoGP strategy.

1. How the frick did Nicky Hayden get away? Obviously, the M-1 is good, Biaggi and Checca have proved that. You cheap bastards, Hayden is the only guy who can beat Rossi, and now he's going to be on what? Another frickin Honda? Good god!

2. How the hell did Anthony Gobert get away? Who scored Bimota's only WSB victory? OK, it was in the rain in his home country, but Jesus, to beat eveybody on that bike? And now he's riding a Ducati in America? You bastards! You cheap, cheap, bastards!

3. Colin Edwards is your last shot at redemption. Nab him now, before it is too late, and start painting the bikes like bumblebees again.

Sincerely,

Bobdog

rvscheidejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:12 AM   #58
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to Aprilia?

What the Hell?!

Several sites (eg amasuperbike.com and motorcycle-usa.com) have just posted reports that Colin has been offered a $6million, 2-year contract to ride the Aprilia Cube. All apparently part of a deal to allow Aprilia access to Michelin tires (they had been gonna run Pirellis cause Michelin didn't wanna supply tires to 'em -- that is how they apparently lost Xaus in superbike).

Reports earlier today confirmed that Colin has been released from his letter of intent with Ducati, so long as he stays out of WSB, that Xaus has been signed to that seat, and had reported that Colin was considering offers from Yamaha and 2 different Honda teams.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote