Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-03-2002, 08:03 AM   #31
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to GP1?

here here, However at this year's 8 hrs of Suzuka, Honda was pressured to put a Japanese rider in because the locals were mad the year before, when it was Rossi and Edwards, I believe.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2002, 09:05 AM   #32
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Kawasaki Calls It Quits

Good post. Interesting observations. I guess with my American blinders on I thought this coupled with the Yamahas retreat and Hondas seemly lack of enthusiasm for WSB, would mean the end to the series. But you pointed out that the series is really European and Aprillia and Ducati could still fight it out (and through in a token Honda and Suzuki). AMA Superbike seems to have more a problem.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:07 AM   #33
KPaulCook
Banned

Agree I would turn my back on Honda. Ducati will treat him better.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:08 AM   #34
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:52 AM   #35
lu955i
Founding Member

Default Ill be pissed!

The situation Collin fond himself in is not uncommon in the work place. Think about it. Haven't you busted your but to do things that had been almost physically impossible with little or no support? Ever been looked over for a promotion for the wrong reasons? Then when you pull it off its supposed to be sunshine and daisy's? I don't think so. I must say I'm a big fan of Collins not of Honda. I would almost take it personally if after following the saga he didn't go ride the Duc. Its time to move on. From my experience it works out much better. Otherwise you will always be the redheaded stepchild.

No offense to redheads,or stepchildren. The views of this commentary do not reflect the opinion, stand or position of this company nor its investors. Any misinterpretation of the a fore mentioned ramble or reproduction without the expressed written consent of the national base/foot/futbal league is I'm pretty sure illegal some where if not at least in the south.

lu955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:15 AM   #36
gforces
Founding Member

There's a reason why Edwards became WSB champ--he knows what he's doing. Check out this scenario: He wants to go GP, but Ducati wants to keep him in WSB for one more year and let Bayliss develop their GP bike...He decides to sign with Honda for major dollars for one year in GP to get the experience, then scoots over to Ducati the following year...this way, he's getting seat time on Honda's budget, and when he's really hot, rubs their noses in it on a Ducati.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:30 PM   #37
rsheidler
Founding Member

>>AMA Superbike seems to have more a problem<<

Damn straight. No factory Aprilias like in WSB, no Benelli. Plus, if I were Honda and my (marketplace) competitors bailed for SS and FX, I probably would follow and at least shift a lot of my attention there as well.

Hey, with all the factories jumping into Formula Extreme, which was supposed to be the home of the privateers, maybe the privateers should jump back to Superbike, not that they can run their R-1s, GSX1000s etc.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:54 PM   #38
rsheidler
Founding Member

Seems -- from what I read, anyway -- that Ducati has treated its riders pretty well -- for example, consider how accommodating they have been (and still are) for Ben Bostrom. Ben, in turn has had nothing but praise for how he was treated there.

Of course, until the recent issues with Colin, I would have said much the same about Honda.

As an avid Ducatisti, what I would really like to see is Colin and Troy on the V4 Ducati beating Rossi and Co on their Hondas, but I don't think Ducati will be in position to do that in 2003. I hope I am wrong, but looking at the progress of Yamaha and SUzuki this year, I figure on at least a year of development.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:06 PM   #39
motoCG
Founding Member

Default Re: F U Honda!

Yes, Yamaha is getting faster, but Biaggi left them for Honda. Leaving the Yamaha factory team for a satellite Honda team should tell you something about Yamaha's M1.

I would think most riders would do just about anything to race the RC211 next year.
motoCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #40
testerR6
Founding Member

Yeah, I read the same about Rossi trying his hand at F1. Hopefully for him it not like Jordan and baseball...
testerR6 is offline   Reply With Quote