Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-02-2002, 01:57 PM   #11
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Edwards to GP1?

That "inferior four" of Eric Bostrom raised a lot of eyebrows. Besides, the inferior fours haven't had a good rider since Haga, when he ALMOST won the championship in 2000.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2002, 02:48 PM   #12
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Excuse me, but that kid from KY looked pretty good against the WSB bunch in CA last summer. I think he was on inferior equipment too. Nicky Hayden's BEST racing is still well ahead of him...he learns fast! Don't count him out just yet.
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:19 PM   #13
testerR6
Founding Member

At this point, Edwards should be able to write his own ticket. If he wants to go to MotoGP that's exactly where HRC should send him. But it's probably not a bad idea to send Haydon there also. In two to three years he should probably be in contention for a title. Besides, Rossi want to go race rally cars or something. He may not stick around motorcycle racing as long as his age would imply.
testerR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:04 PM   #14
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default The third hand has it!

I agree. even though I am and always have been a huge fan with maximum respect for Mr. Honda's company. I must admit that it would be poetic justice for Mr. Edwards to hand them their asses on an M1 next year.

Although...what a super team Honda would have, with Rossi, Barros, Edwards and Hayden all on RC-Vs. Youth, Balls, Experience, Wisdom, and all in all outright FAST riders, on all out FAST motorcycles accross the board.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:09 PM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

Haga was robbed, plain and simple
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:39 PM   #16
4in6
Founding Member

Hey guess what your man 4in6 posted this yesterday.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:51 PM   #17
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Inferior equipment??

Uhhh, no. AMA factory RC-51s are surprisingly close in spec to the WSB machines, as many zines touted before the Laguna Seca races, then sort of shut up after he placed 4th or so in the first race (I believe) and was taken out by Nitro Nori during a battle for position in the Corkscrew. He looked OK, just out-classed by the talent. He might work up to the speed, but Edwards is faster right now, that's a fact.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:30 AM   #18
navion_pa1
Founding Member

I agree, this Edward's first WC, Haga was

robbed.

But Edwards won this year, one of the best

races ever, was last Sunday second race.

navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:12 AM   #19
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Calls It Quits

Ducati vs. Aprilia vs. Benelli vs. Foggy vs. Mondial (well, rumors of them coming back to life anyway...) Could be interesting inasmuch as we'll see a whole new crop of riders on new bikes.

I have a gut feeling Zooky will also back out... don't know why, just have that feeling.

-James

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 AM   #20
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Inferior equipment??

You talking about him being -passed- by Haga in race-one?.. or when Hayden turfed it and -took out- Haga in race-two?...

I guess to me 'taken out' means 'hit the deck'... not simply 'passed', for which I use the word...errr.. 'passed'. (forcefully or otherwise)

I thought Hayden did pretty well for himself in race one... he was on Colin's tail there and -maybe- could've passed, who knows. I didn't get the feeling at all that he was outclassed. He rode up front with guys he's never ridden with, not bad!

That said: If Edwards does go to GP1 next year, my money is on him to finish better than Hayden... Nicky's got a bit of 'Euro-learning' to do... adjust to the whole scene, etc...

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote