Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 08-26-2002, 08:57 AM   #1
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default YZR-M1's a dog. Biaggi got lucky, very lucky

Rossi was playing with Biaggi just like he's played with every pretender to the throne this season. the YZR-M1 has still got a long way to go. After about 6 new engines and 3 new chassis, i would expect more.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2002, 10:25 AM   #2
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: YZR-M1's a dog. Biaggi got lucky, very lucky

Not according to the record. Biaggi had the pole and all the hot laps, and his tires lasted the whole race. The winner always needs luck, but it takes more than luck to win on a dog.

Remember, Honda started way ahead and hasn't stopped improving. Yamaha seems to be improving faster now, so stay tuned.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Kato survived!

I thought Kato would wad it for sure, but he's one mature racer! He hung behind Rossi like a leech, just relaxing, never closing right up. "Still learning" he says, while setting the race lap record. The RC211V has got to be the most rider-friendly racer ever.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:01 PM   #4
vfrpinckney
Founding Member

Default Re: Proton KR3

I've been impressed with the KR Proton bike this season. The team has been putting up some respectable results against the other two-strokes.

I know that the bike doesn't matter now, and I've often thought that KR was a fool for persisting with the 3 cyl, but I'm impressed with what I see now.
vfrpinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #5
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: YZR-M1's a dog. Biaggi got lucky, very lucky

I agree. While I would have liked to see Rossi in the race to the end, I think Biaggi would have taken this one anyway. Rossi's comments all seem to suport that view as well. I am a huge Rossi fan, but you cannot take anything away from Max this weekend. He was the best rider for that day, on that track, and, as you state, Yamaha are at least closing the gap. If anything, I would say that Rossi has been lucky this season. While I believe that this season, he has been the best rider, on the best bike and with the best team, there are several others who have been a lot closer than the win/loss record would suggest.

I predict that Rossi will lose at least a couple more races this season, and that Biaggi will see the top of the podium again.

What about Kato?! Holy *****, for the first time on the 4-stroke. Damn! I predict big things from him for the rest of the season and beyond.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 02:27 PM   #6
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Proton KR3

You bet! Of all the GP bikes this is the one I'd like to have as race replica. The handling and power (what there is) management is just fabulous.