Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-17-2002, 08:03 AM   #1
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default First post!!!

Ahhh!! Take that bung hole squids!! Just kidding. Honda rules! I love to watch Rossi just toy with Biaggi and Checa like a kitten toying with a ball of yard and then discard them when he is bored of playing.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #2
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: Catalunya MotoGP results

I agree, toy with them he did except Ukawa. He even let Biaggi take pole just to make it interesting but in the end the Honda dominance at the end of the race was total. 8 seconds or so is a thrashing at this level of competition and that is where the Hondas left the Yamahas. Hey at least I'm reading this on Tuesday this week in New Zealand. By the way, where is Blip these days we never seem to hear from him?

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 08:56 PM   #3
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Here's what it is:

Hubris.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:38 AM   #4
dickdastardly
Founding Member

I love Rossi, really I do, he's a great rider, but this is getting BORING!!!!
dickdastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 07:36 AM   #5
das
Founding Member

Interesting that this year both GP and WSB have the same problem: There's one guy winning everything, and there's only one other guy who can even sorta hang with him. No one else is consistently competitive. And until very recently, AMA superbike was having similar problems. Sheesh, what's motorcycle racing coming to these days?

Kudos once again to John Hopkins for another top-10 finish. The key word there being "finish"... unlike so many promising GP rookies, he seems to be finishing most of the races. Roberts, Aoki, Laconi, Ryo, Harada... that's not bad company for a rookie. Hopefully he'll finish in the top 10 in points for this season and come back next year and kick it up a notch, having learned the bike and having at least seen most of the tracks before. Go Hopkins!

Hey MO, I'd love to see you guys do an interview with Hopkins. How 'bout it?
das is offline   Reply With Quote