Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-29-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
SR
Registered Member

Default Re: Suzuki 4-Stroke GP preview

Woo Hoo, 1st Post!

I'm glad Suzuki is compeditive this year with thier new 4 stroke. Honda needs the competition!
SR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
bluyzfr6
Founding Member

Default Nothing to do with the Suzuki 4 stroke preview...

I would just like to vent. This is the first year i have had to pay for MO. Now when i discovered MO and a few other sites devoted to motorcycles and sportbikes I was overwhelmed with excitement. Go back two years and you guys had articles on all the new sportbikes way before anyone else. You also had the best comparisons. I remember it like it was yesterday... AHHH i had just bought the 99 R6 and i used MO to chose which supersport i would buy. You had a comparo of all the 600's and u thru in a duc 748 for fun. I loved it. Now i bought my bike in April of 99. I feel bad for shoppers of these bikes this year. They have NOTHING to go by. What happened to you. You took our money and now what. I want to clarify that i am not writing in anger. I would just like to know when the supersport camparo will come and when sportbike of the year will come and when the hooligan comparo will come? Now i know i will get flak from some of the die hard cycleheads who will say i am being harsh. Let me tell you something. Most of the people who read MO read it for the comparisons and articles on the bikes, not for the interview of AL or for the previews of the races. I admit that i read the previews mostly but i sign on everyday to see whats new for bikes and HOPE to see the 600 comparo. Now i know i speak for quite a few of the MO crew, most of who will never read what i had to say because they do not care about the GP preview. Please... tell me where our money went and when can we expect to see the supersport bikes compared???I now ride the 02 R1 but i am still wondering who is top 600 this year. I will not hold my breath to see if the duc is thrown in. Please fill me in. Tell me where our money is going... or went?
bluyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing to do with the Suzuki 4 stroke preview...

bluyzfr6,

Your money is going to what most people have asked for: more and beter content. We've hired John Burns as editor and are building up staff, etc. We've smoked the other motorcycle sites/magazines with first looks/comparos, etc on a routine basis.

True, we haven't done a Supersport comparo just yet, but we've had other priorities. You'll get what you want. We're trying to make everybody happy. If you need anything else or have any formal requests, feel free to e-mail me directly at minime@motorcycle.com or John at johnnyb@motorcycle.com

-- minime
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #4
imported_Chris_S
Founding Member

Chill out, dude. Just go read last year's 600 comparos again, and apply the results to '02, unless you really get worked up over bold new graphics. I think they're doing an excellent job, and really don't care to see them re-hashing tests that have already been done just because another model year has arrived.

I also enjoy the tests and esp. sportbike comparos, but they take a lot of resources/coordination, and there are only so many tests you can do. I'd still like to see the top 2 liter twins face off against the top 2 Jap I4 literbikes.
imported_Chris_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:21 PM   #5
minime
Founding Member

Hmmm. Good idea. I wonder if we'll be out doing that very test THIS WEEK? Throwing in a 600 Supersport bike as well. Naaaaah... We wouldn't do thaaaat.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:32 AM   #6
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default You know what's good for ya!

Yeah you would. You better!!!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:22 AM   #7
BorgBiker
Registered Member

Default While we're off topic...

Are we gonna see a Comparo with the FJR against the ZZR? I've seen a print article on the ZZR, and I think I want one. But I want to see what JB and the MO crew say about these bikes. Oh, yeah and Hooligan Bikes. Need more. Yes.
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:10 AM   #8
easyriderT177
Founding Member

If you want an insight to a "new" 600 read the AL interview. He states the new 600 will be somthing to be reckoned with and Duhamel will be riding it. Ig Miguel will return to the 600 class must be one hell of a bike. Patience grasshopper. Oh by the the way Andy I really enjoyed the interview with Ludington.
easyriderT177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:11 PM   #9
gt750
Registered Member

Default Re: Suzuki 4-Stroke GP preview- WELCOME THE MICHELIN MAN!!!

Another boost for Suzuki, as Michelin says that they'll be using their rubber on the bikes from now on. The only draw back is that they can NOT have the newer tires developed for the 4 strokes. They'll get the rubber developed for the 2001 season. Will it help? Hopefully!

It is kinda boring watching the Honda "diesels" kick butt all the time. Too bad one of the Manufacturers would'nt continue development of the two strokes. Or the F.I.M. could bump the displacment up to 600c.c. for two stokes.
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #10
4in6
Founding Member

Hey why does everyone wan't the "Playing field level." I wan't Honda to dominate. Then I want Suzuki to make a better bike then Yamaha and then I want Honda to make a bike that beats those ones. The whole point of racing is to develop and promote your products. The more one team dominates the more other manufactures have to improve their bikes. It all means better bikes for the consumer. Most places don't allow you to drive two-stroke bikes on the street so I could care less if they go extinct. If I want to ride a two stroke I'll buy a dirtbike.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote