Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-31-2002, 02:58 AM   #11
tshelver
Registered Member

Default Re: Nothing to do with the Suzuki 4 stroke preview : ZZR & FJR

Yup, I would like to see the FJR / ZZR comparo as well, maybe with the K12RS, Aprilia Futura and Ducati ST4S thrown in for sport touring laughs. The 600s have been done to death in the print magazines, and there isn't much change this year.

Nobody has had a shootout of the new sporty-tourers.

Sportbike (I think) magazine which tested the K12RS, Futura, Triumph ST and Duc ST4S.

I would like to get an opinion of the FJR and ZZR versus the rest, with some testing comments on which is the better / faster over the road in the real world (just like was done with the Buell / Duc 900SS recently).

Of course this should cover all the aspects owners of such bikes usually use them for: sport riding, multi-day touring, day-to-day commuting, in diverse road, traffic and weather conditions. Some information on those little issues such as cost of longer term maintenance, 'liveability', fit-finish and stuff wouldn't go amiss either.

Not much to ask for, is it? ;->
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2002, 10:31 AM   #12
RickZ
Founding Member

This is the test I want to see also. And if/when you do it, puh-leeez do get the new K12RS in there! Motorcylist gave it kind of a sideways glance, not even fully including it in the sport-tourer test. I'd really like to see a FJR/ZZR/KRS/ST1300 comparo done in your new expanded format (which is excellent, BTW.)

A test that takes the bikes on a two week shakedown tour would be best... yeah, that's the ticket!... Need another test rider?
RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 04:00 PM   #13
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing to do with the Suzuki 4 stroke preview...

Hey Mini, not to be a total perv but where's the babe shots from daytona? you guy's haven't done a gratuitus babe shoot for a while now, and frankly i'm shocked! not really but I did get a kick out of the classic " biker chick ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ",pure art, anyway great site, my first choice, money well spent, blah blah blah
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default In the future, rules will allow...

...certain basketball teams to field 10 players on the court

...certain batters to get 6 strikes and you're out

...certain racing motorcycle engines to be double-sized

Parity? who the F cares about parity. And who cares about racing while we're at it? All I want is a better street bike 15 years from now

In case you can't detect my sarcasm, i think grand prix this year is a total flop. RC211V on pole, RC211V wins. RC211V on pole, RC211V wins. RC211V on pole, RC211V wins. RC211V on pole, RC211V wins. RC211V on pole, RC211V wins. yeah, that's reeeeeeal exciting racing

Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:58 PM   #15
Poser
Founding Member

Default The whole point of racing

I am very glad to see Suzuki working on the GP bike, and I hope that work gets applied to street bikes. That is the whole point, right?

When you think about it that way, the whole rules structure for racing is all screwed up. The sanctioning bodies should look for street based regulations and allow a certain displacement bike that meets California (or somewhere) licensing standards. There would have to be a few concessions to racing like no lights, but the emissions controls, noise regulations and so on would apply.

Any way you could satisfy those regulations would be fair. If you can build a two stroke that passes the standards, run it! If you can't, do something else. If you want to run a two stroke V-8, fire it up! Think of the amazing street bikes we would have in ten years if the racing bodies did something like that.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 06:00 AM   #16
bmuu-gs
Registered Member

Although a comparo test would be great, I've stepped up to the plate and put my $500 down for the FJR...just waiting for delivery. The FJR has what I want: way more than enough power (compared to BMW Boxers), shaft drive (not available on Kawasaki, Triumph Sprint ST, and others), hard bags, heated grips, less weight (when compared to K12, ST13), great ergonomics for long distance. It doesn't have ABS (unfortunately), Telelever front (unfortunately), but I can still have those on my other bike - BMW R1100GS.
bmuu-gs is offline   Reply With Quote