Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2002, 03:15 AM   #1
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Rossi and company look to LeMans

1) Rossi

2) Kato

3) Barros

Ukawa will push too hard. Capirossi may beat Barros or dnf.

When will the power come on for the RS3?

This one will be all tires again, but why complain? The winner keeps his bike running well to the end; that's what skill's all about!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2002, 04:23 AM   #2
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Rossi and company look to LeMans

1.) Rossi

2.) Katoh

3.) Capirossi

As for the RS3, the "power" is already there. The problem is getting it to the ground. The bike has 225+ H.P. and positively screams (and makes a wonderful howl) down the straights. The problem is getting it into, through and out of the corners.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:11 AM   #3
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default RS3 horsepower

i'm guessing around 200hp. the RC211V is said by Honda to have just under 225 rear wheel hp, and even taking slower corner-exit speed into consideration, there's just no way those two have the same horsepower. It does make an awesome sound though
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:21 AM   #4
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: RS3 horsepower

Lower exit speed and more wheel spin, coupled with less refined handling in general will make a HUGE difference in the lap times and top speeds attained on a road course. (not on a salt flat or airport runway, but on a real road course) even 250 or 300 H.P. will only go soo far in aiding how fast you can go on the average road course straight. Consider the Huyabusa Formula Extreme bike from two years ago... not competitive, even with 200+ H.P. The reason that the 211V is so much faster, is that not only does it have a boatload of horsepower, it is also accessible horsepower, in a well sorted and user friendly chassis. This is pure conjecture, but IÂ’m guessing that the Honda probably has a much more linear power curve, coupled with the ability to effectively customize the delivery for each track. (excellent riders, and unlimited team support donÂ’t hurt either)
Old 05-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #5
onebadoldz
Founding Member

Great post, I'm in agreement.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:57 AM   #6
onebadoldz
Founding Member

Great post, I'm in agreement.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:50 AM   #7
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default i agree to a point

while what you say is true, i haven't seen or heard anything about the RS3 overtaking anyone down any straights or anything. if a bike is laden with horsepower, surely it will be apparent somewhere, which is what the X-treme Hayabusa was at times. The RS3 hasn't done anything yet except sound great
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: i agree to a point

Sound great AND crack 200 MPH at two or three roadcourses (Mugello and a couple of others) Where a bike had never even hit 190 before. Again I have never read a report complaining about a lack of power from the cube. Yamaha seems to be the only four-stroke that is suffering from a lack of power. Even then, its only because of the tuning that they are doing to the Yamaha, to allow a more friendly (Honda like?) power delivery.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:11 AM   #9
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default SPEEDVISION WTF?

Where is there no timeslot on Speed this weekend for the MOTOGP1 race? They have ama ss, sbk, fim motgp 250 but no GP1... there is no show of the race until Tuesday night. I would much rather see GP1 racing than two-fitty racing Sunday. What's the deal. Help the cause by sending feedback to Speed.

thanks
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:11 AM   #10
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Dangit Speedvision

I meant "WHY IS THERE NO TIMESLOT". Sorry.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote