Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-20-2002, 07:38 AM   #1
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Final day of Honda test at Suzuka

DAMN that boy is fast. I wouldn't be suprised if they stick him on the best machinery next year and put a little politics in the mix and have Rossi held up in the pits a la the Suzuka 8 hours.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
Lincoln
Founding Member

I love it when David slays Goliath. The 2strokes have been doing a lot of that lately
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #3
evilgenius
Founding Member

I wouldn't go that far yet... True, the 2-strokes have been lapping a bit quicker than 4-strokes on most tracks, but the RC211V has consistenly put up quicker lap times than 2-strokes (recent IRTA test at Catalunya).

Capirossi came within .2 secs of Rossi on the last day, but Rossi and Ukawa were pulling at least 1 or even 2 seconds over the field for most of the weekend testing.

Also, the GSV-R with Ryo were clocked at around 310 KPH, which is nearly 193 MPH (word has it the RCs were clocked at 322 KPH - making it at 201 MPH - *can't remember source* but i'm not sure to believe it).

Since those bikes are in their infancy stage, my 2 cents says that once the 4xers sort out the gremlins, the 2xers' will be stomped into oblivion.

evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:10 AM   #4
speedtre
Founding Member

Yea, but if it takes double the CCs to do it, is it that impressive? I don't think so......there is nothing like the feeling of a 2-stroke coming on the pipe.......
speedtre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:57 AM   #5
evilgenius
Founding Member

I've never ridden a 2-stroke street-legal bike, just dirt bikes and snowmobiles but I think I have the general idea...

I know it takes more cc's for a 4-stroker to put up similar HP numbers but they're more technically advanced and more reliable as well as 'cleaner'.

Wish manufacturers would do puts some more R & D $$$ into emerging new technology for cleaner and more reliable two-strokers.

If they do that, then we'll have engines that are smaller, lighter, more powerful and best of all, less expensive!
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote