Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motocross Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motocross-forum/)
-   -   Right about now... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motocross-forum/15851-right-about-now.html)

pplassm 07-19-2010 02:33 PM

Good to hear from you Cuddy.

mscuddy 07-19-2010 02:36 PM

Guess sometimes I need a kick in the ass to see what's real, was just kind of blue when I wrote that. You don't know how bad I miss riding my old CR, along with other stuff that starts with an "S" and ends with an "X".

Life is a trip, that's for sure. Along with the wife going through chemo, my mom losing her house, and this wheelchair crap, sometimes it just gets too much, glad I've got some good people to show me the happy medium, like ol' Horrace Silver sez...

Thanks again you MOrons.

sarnali2 07-19-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 246079)
Guess sometimes I need a kick in the ass to see what's real, was just kind of blue when I wrote that. You don't know how bad I miss riding my old CR, along with other stuff that starts with an "S" and ends with an "X".

Life is a trip, that's for sure. Along with the wife going through chemo, my mom losing her house, and this wheelchair crap, sometimes it just gets too much, glad I've got some good people to show me the happy medium, like ol' Horrace Silver sez...

Thanks again you MOrons.

glad to help pod'ner...you know, when life hands you a lemon and a fifth of Tequila, well...get f*cked up.....

pushrod 07-20-2010 06:37 AM

Matt,

Not to drag the issue over broken glass, but where is your paralysis?

Could you ride if a proper mount was built?

Assuming you want to get out there amongst the brain-dead again...

mscuddy 07-20-2010 02:10 PM

Thanks....

T-12 complete injury. I could ride again on a sidehack, or one of those deals where two outriggers come down when you stop, along with an air-shifter. But with my financial state right now, that's about as possible as purchasing the Queen Mary.

I've got my Go Devil, and that's all paid for with hand controls. Right now I'm focusing on an ATV wheel chair. I'd show you a pic of me on one down on Coronado beach a couple weekends ago, but the new MO has some issues with posting pictures that aren't tied to a URL.

pushrod 07-20-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 246167)
But with my financial state right now...

Maybe you could sell some of your stories or bike histories to one of the print mags.

I've already said I'd buy your book!

SDRider 07-20-2010 10:34 PM

Bless you.

When they scanned my neck in the ER after I blew out the passenger side window and totalled the gixxer (lady turned left in front of me on a Mon morning going to work), turns out I had Hodgkins IIB (massive chest tumor), which had gone undiagnosed for a couple years. Total serendipity.

So you never know what the heck is gonna happen tomorrow.

Life is good. Make the most of it and always consider the alternative.

My best wishes to you.

mscuddy 07-21-2010 09:19 AM

Man, you're lucky to be alive. A buddy in high school had a Pinto make a left in front of him, and Robert Reed on his cafe' 550 four Honda went right through the window post on the Pinto, into the drivers compartment. He was in the hospital for about six months, ended up walking with a cane. He OK now, rides a hog.

What are they going to do about the lymphoma?

Check this out: Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

SDRider 07-21-2010 09:53 PM

Yes, I'm lucky I missed the post - by a few inches. The cop who showed up shortly afterwards handed me a piece of my helmet that he'd picked up from the empty passenger seat.

After the diagnosis I went on a 12-week course of weekly combination chemotherapy (aggressive regimen, seven drugs on alternating schedule, up to maximum tolerated dose on the vinca alkaloids), followed by local chest radiation for a few weeks. Had to give up tennis and take up golf because of the foot neuropathy but I'm fairly OK other than that touch wood. Lost the gixxer but still have the Vulcan 88 and the 'Wing.

That ATV in your photos looks like a blast! Which reminds me, when I visited my sorry looking 1100G in the breakers' yard (front end busted) the guy there told me the engine would likely end up in a dune buggy. It was undamaged, as was the rear end. Imagine that .... 110 h.p. of air/oil cooled gixxer engine powering some machine in the desert east of San Diego. I like to think that this is what happened. I miss the sweet sound of that engine, sounded like a truck at low revs.

mscuddy 07-22-2010 08:30 AM

Glad you're OK there SD, my wife is going through chemo now, and jeez, it's tough waking up with Telly Savalas on the other side of the rack...heh heh (I don't run the Telly joke by her...)

Yeah, there's some guy down the street with an old XS1100 motor in what looks like a Honda Pilot frame, pretty radical, he's got the exhaust pipes about 2 foot long baloney cut, like an old F1 car. He only takes it to San Felipe hence the lack of a spark arrestor or green sticker.

Yeah, I'm in the process of assenbling all the crap I need to make my own ATV wheelchair, but mine is going to be a hybrid, with a 5hp Briggs running a generator, with two deep cell marine batteries wired in series to get 24 volts, then each drive wheel will have it's own electric motor, so I can steer it with a joy stick potentiometer. They cost around ten grand (yes!) if you buy one, I figurie mine will cost about a grand to build. And it will be trick because of the gas motor/generator/'lectric motor deal.

Hope you get all that cancer taken care of. Good luck.

Later,
Matt