Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motocross Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motocross-forum/)
-   -   More Honda Bashing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motocross-forum/15213-more-honda-bashing.html)

seruzawa 05-11-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 241484)
That's not the point ken, because of Honda persuading the AMA to change the formula, four stroke bikes are it, that's all they and the other Japanese companies sell. Yamaha still has the YZ250, but for how much longer? The big four are trying to foist these horrible so-call "Green" MX bikes on a public that is rejecting them in droves, because of the unbvelievable upkeep they demand.

The AMA refused to let the bikes go one-on-one, i.e. 250 vs. 250, because they knew the four stroke would be blown into the giggle bushes.

Thankfully the AMA hasn't banned two strokes all together, because as we see with the Two 50 project, modified 250 two strokes are getting a reliable 55-58 horsepower out of a lighter, more nimble package, and turning faster lap times than the 4 strikers.

It's only a matter of time before the Japs will have to cut their losses, and start building (clean) two strokes, or the Europeans will take over again. How ironic will that be? And the 4 stroke Japanese MX bike will end up like the three-wheeler. A joke, to be derided and laughed at.

Nothing lasts forever. Companies get big and unresponsive. Smaller companies innovate. Unless the bigger companies can get special favors from govts they have to respond. Everybody wins in the long run. The problem comes when people believe that "too big to fail" horsehyt.

silentgrayfellow 05-11-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 241347)
What do you think Honda's motivation is for trying to quash 2-stroke technology? Is selling more parts for exploding 4 stroke engines a viable long-term corporate strategy?

Don't forget who is (was) making the decisions here. If Honda's corporate policy was to promote 4-stroke technology, then their motivation would not just be monetary. Failure of their preferred technology would cause the company to "lose face". This is a very big deal in many Asian cultures. I've been living in Korea for several years and can tell you first hand that saving face is a very big deal.

The_AirHawk 05-11-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 241448)
She mentioned what a nice guy you were...

I'll say one thing for her - she was nearly erm..... talented enough to be a Ross Sister........

Kenneth_Moore 05-12-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow (Post 241495)
I've been living in Korea for several years and can tell you first hand that saving face is a very big deal.

It's not just Asians. Harley blew a quarter of a BILLION dollars to close Buell instead of selling it to "save face."

Matt:
It's only a matter of time before the Japs will have to cut their losses, and start building (clean) two strokes, or the Europeans will take over again. How ironic will that be?

I agree. People aren't stupid, if the 4 strokes suck that bad, and the 2 strokes are that much better, they'll "vote" with their dollars.

Harley managed to "buy off" the AMA for a couple decades to keep their obselete and uncompetitive products winning, but ultimately they failed. I expect MX will go the same route.

MOKE1K 05-12-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 241432)
Really? Giving money to Earth first will encourage them to not try to close land? Pull the other one. These people are religious fanatics.

I didn't say Honda built junk. Just that Honda is more concerned with safe marketing than bold marketing. A 10K 700cc bike? LOL! Does Honda think a Dullsville compares in any fashion to the F800? It's a Japanese throwaway. F*** Honda.

Yes the people over at Honda seem to have lost the original ideal that Mr.Honda initially forsaw for his company.

The_AirHawk 05-12-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 241600)
Yes the people over at Honda seem to have lost the original ideal that Mr.Honda initially forsaw for his company.

Piston Rings. That was his "Original Idea".

sarnali2 05-13-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 241512)
I'll say one thing for her - she was nearly erm..... talented enough to be a Ross Sister........

Yeah she's pretty loose limbed (ahem)....used to be embarrassing as hell when she practiced that out in the front yard I'll tell ya, like a b*tch in heat.....the boys'ed be lined up on the sidewalk, dad would have me squirt 'em off with the garden hose to cool down and chase 'im off......

seruzawa 05-13-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 241623)
Yeah she's pretty loose limbed (ahem)....used to be embarrassing as hell when she practiced that out in the front yard I'll tell ya, like a b*tch in heat.....the boys'ed be lined up on the sidewalk, dad would have me squirt 'em off with the garden hose to cool down and chase 'im off......

I wouldn't mind seeing this routine being practiced in my front yard.

Table Dance

12er 05-13-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 241633)

Table Dance

Fun movie that went horribly wrong, well other than that scene.

Kenneth_Moore 05-14-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 241633)

Table Dance

Nice motorcycle tie-in there. She's wearing the latest Icon Street Stunta Helmet!