Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motocross Forum

Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Follow The Money

Well it looks like things can’t get any worse on the open class four stroke fiasco, did I say open class? Silly me, weren’t these 450’s supposed to race in the 250 class? Or was I just dreaming?

One can understand why Honda made the change to a four stroke configuration, and forced the other OEMs into doing the same. We’ve tried to explain why they did it, up to a point. That point becomes fuzzy, and after a while there has to be some reason it happened.

Look behind the scenes and perhaps a more insidious plot has been hatched by Honda, one that involves pay offs to big environmental groups, in an effort to “Be Green” and gain acceptance by the environmental Nazis who run the show now, after the last election.

In part ix we will take a good long look at where Honda has been making contributions, and what these “acts of contrition” by the biggest motorcycle maker on Earth signal for the sport of off-road riding.

We hope to piss some people off with this one.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"We hope to piss some people off with this one..."

Geez, I hope not Cuddy. I was told by the 'ultimate authority' on that subject that it just leads to more pissed off people, and then what? Maybe try being nice, kind, and considerate. That always works. It will also make the world a better place just like the new Health Care bill. I'm all for that.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

It is pretty funny that today's "Open Class" bikes have no more power than a Triumph TT of 40 years ago. And that's only by spinning them 13K. All are easy meat powerwise for a CR500 or YZ490 of 25 years ago. And NONE of those bikes needed rebuilding every 20 hours.. or even 200 hours for that matter. If racing is left to manufacturers alone it will be ruined. These fragile $8K MX 4strokes are destroying the offroad sport as we watch.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It is pretty funny that today's "Open Class" bikes have no more power than a Triumph TT of 40 years ago. And that's only by spinning them 13K. All are easy meat powerwise for a CR500 or YZ490 of 25 years ago. And NONE of those bikes needed rebuilding every 20 hours.. or even 200 hours for that matter. If racing is left to manufacturers alone it will be ruined. These fragile $8K MX 4strokes are destroying the offroad sport as we watch.
I say the Government should pass a Law, regulating this.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yes well when I'm poncing about Alpine meadows with a bottle of Boojalays and a cheese sandwich the last thing I want is a noisy smokey dirty bike to spoil my God given right to make everybody do as I say.

If Honda can build those wonderful electric lawn mowers they should be able to manage a simple motorcycle

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Jeeezus, you should see all the environmental crap Honda is promoting on the web now, it's like I've tapped into a Sierria Club website. Pretty soon I'm sure they will quit making gasoline burning engines all together, have motors that run on bleu cheese, or milk.

I don't know if anyone remembers "The Mountain Lion Initiative" where Honda stepped in and squashed the law before it went into effect, because it would have doomed ATV sales (which were doomed anyway, three wheelers).

Now it's gone to opposite lock. God help us, between the Obama brown shirts and a Green Honda Motor Company we might as well take up knitting. Or drinking (urp)....

And WTF happened to Fonzie? He was about the only thing holding this erag together. My oh my. how things change...
Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
brettlee
Registered Member

Default Follow The Money

Who ever said money is the root of all evil is right.Have someone in your family die and see how the rest want to grab all they can.The world revolves around money not a bad thing as long as you know it in advance.
brettlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well its nice to see our erag gets behind those prison walls...and we get emails like the above. While this isn't a "fisting" site, we can sure send some your way when you get cut loose, you sick bastard.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

Bohica! Lol. :d
Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

VF-33 Hand Salute! Insert shaft-tron. Bend over, here it comes again. Ah, the heady days of full dress inspection on the hangar deck. Is that a spot on my combinaiton cap?