Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Street Squids, Explained (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/4453-street-squids-explained.html)

12er 04-27-2007 11:44 AM

Re: Street Squids, Explained

Self Defined?

TheFox 04-27-2007 11:46 AM

This thread is useless without pics.

This thread is useless without pics.

...of you know who.

--The Fox

Kreb_Cycle 04-27-2007 11:57 AM

I was in Whole Foods yesterday buying my bran granola flake organic lemon grass wheat germ gruel (actually, an incredible rib-steak), and this guy with trendy clothes, but kind of dirty, and this sallow look on on his face got way too close to me and basically yelled in my face, "What kind of bike you ride man, gixxer?" He didn't wait for me to answer him, and mumble-yelled something about "R1, man" and then when he realized that he didn't recognize the kind of bike I mentioned, yelled "Yeah, but try racing that up.. uh, I5 man, R1 man".

I was floored. I had nothing on this man. All I could do was walk away, choking on my own tongue.

SmokeU 04-27-2007 12:17 PM

All anyone ever says to me is, "Nice day for a ride isn't it?" Then they smile.

The_AirHawk 04-27-2007 12:21 PM

It's from all the Crack socko's alter-ego smokes.

Someday, they're gonna have to put a CHAIN on that boy............

chromeburn 04-27-2007 12:30 PM

The mailman walked past me as I was waiting by my bike for my girlfriend to come downstairs.

"Gixxer?" asks the mailman.

"Yes." says I.

"Man those things are dangerous. My brother looped his the other day doing wheelies in a parking lot. Got hurt real bad. You gotta be careful man those things'll loop like mad." says the mailman.

"I bought a motorcycle, not a unicycle. Keeping the front wheel down isn't all that hard if you know what you're doing." says I.

A puzzled look crosses the mailman's face. He wanders off, I'm hoping to deliver mail and not explain the dangers of squidness to others.

crevans 04-27-2007 12:30 PM

Heh. I once had a dude in shorts, nikes, and a tank top on an R1 pull next to me at a light while I was riding a Silverwing (the scooter) and start revving his engine. Just for a laugh, I launched at the light, fully expecting to become a dot in his mirror. After all, the Silverwing can't get you in too much trouble even with a hard launch. I left him in my mirrors instead, watching him trip all over his gearbox. At the next light he pulls next to me again, opens his helmet and says "Damn dude, does that thing have a turbo!?"

I just nodded my head trying hard not to completely crack up laughing. I guess a ~100hp and ~200 pound lighter weight advantage wasn't enough for him to beat me on my "turbo" scooter. LOL.

acecycleins 04-27-2007 12:38 PM

This fine definition describes more than one half the riders on The Loop in N. GA.

seruzawa 04-27-2007 12:55 PM

Yeah. We just loooove all those motorcycle experts who only know what they heard from their sister's boyfriend's uncle's fishing buddy's son who rode a dirtbike once 10 years ago.

Kenneth_Moore 04-27-2007 01:08 PM

You'd think if you were calling yourself squid, you'd at least know that the plural form of "squid" is "squid." Unlike "dumbasses."