Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #31
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Why can't we all just...sniff...get along?

I love the "American Bikes only!" animosity from people with Japanese cars. Laff.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #32
boru4761
Registered Member

WHAT????????????

You should be getting mad respect from everyone riding a classic like that.

boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #33
TheFox
Founding Member

Loud Minorities Annoy Rides!

--Foxy

Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
ochsnera
Founding Member

My "crew" consists of four Harley Dyna riders and myself on a FZ1. I'm constantly poking fun at them for their inability to stop or go. These are friends and I would not presume to tell a stranger what he should or should not buy/ride.

Buying a vehicle, regardless of type, because of the name pisses me off. I'm sold that they would be much happier spending 40% less and getting better power, handling, and looks(imho). My opinion is that Harley Davidson is crap for the money. Priced at 11-13k I'd probably own one myself. At that price you would be getting a decent bike for your money.

If I sh*t on a bun and tell you eating it gets you "in the club" would you eat it? No. But if I marketed the sh*t sandwich on TV, magazines, and word of mouth I'm convinced Harley riders would eat them by the dozen.
ochsnera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #35
Gordy
Registered Member

No way, it's a '77. Everybody knows Bonnies past '68 aren't no good at all!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #36
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

There are Riders and there are Posers, they ride Sportbikes and Cruisers. Some Posers ride and some Riders pose. I don't care what the Posers think about Bikes/Riding, they seem to be concerned about everything but actually riding a Motorcycle.

In my experience most of the "Vibe" to which you refer is forwarded by Posers which takes me back to not valuing their opinions about Motorcycles. Many of "them" don't actually own or Ride a Motorcycle...

We all run into ignorance and small mindedness (all guilty of it on occasion?) on our journey. When I can't get my "water off a ducks back" thing going I'll just turn around and walk away, if that pisses them off... mission accomplished.

My usual "Bikenight" destination is almost 10 to 1 Cruisers (80% Harley's) v Anything else most nights. Fact is, if you're gonna ride a Cruiser, Florida is not a bad place to do so. Some good-natured banter between Riders but all good to me.

To me Most Riders have respect for Riders regardless of what they happen to be riding that day.

I wave to all. If they don't wave back I figure they didn't notice me or they are too new to Riding to be able to comfortably remove a hand from the bars for a few seconds with no traffic around... works either way.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #37
TheFox
Founding Member

I've had that experience as well. It's great to have someone regale you with, "Why are you riding that Jap rice rocket?" and be able to come back with, "Actually, it's Italian, so it would be a risotto rocket at best." They always seem confused and then you realize he's not a rider, but a biker or harley guy.

--The Fox

Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #38
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

What's really cool is to see an aquaintance who buys a bike for all the wrong reasons (fad, ego, whatever) evolve into somebody who "gets it." Several of my friends got caught up in the HD frenzy a few years ago. Most of them wound up selling for a big loss or garaging the bike most of the time, but a few turned into "Motorcyclists!" They're on their second or third bike, they're taking long rides, they're riding to work. It doesn't matter how they got there, they arrived.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #39
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Excellent use of facts/data.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #40
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I just hate judgmental people!