Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 03-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #271
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: When kpaul started he didn't know there was feud.

" I just don't like the baiting!"

kpaul's a master baiter.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #272
phixer
Registered Member

Default Re: Why can't we all just...sniff...get along?

I agree I think I get snubbed by more BMW riders then Hardley's. I think they are afraid they will crash if they take thier hands of the bars.
phixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #273
Duken4evr
Founding Member

You can't generalize. People who are assholes are assholes, and people who are not are not, regardless of the brand of bike they ride. I have seen plenty of examples of each, on Harleys, sport bikes and cruisers.

The only universally cool motorcyle people I meet are on the remote mountain trail on my dirt bike. I am not talking pit squids who never venture more than 1 mile from the truck, I am talking guys who are out there in the wilderness, riding and enjoying their dirt bikes. 100% coolness ratio to date, never been disappointed yet
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #274
Gritboy
Founding Member

Chartreuse!
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #275
turtle975
Registered Member

I agree. I like all motorcycles. I have always had japanese bikes, but I rode harleys a lot between my second and third motorcycles as they were the only ones I could rent in my area. I really enjoyed riding them - except that I was always cramped (I am 6'4" and you can't modify a rental bike). The newer ones are cool and well made, the older ones are very cool.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want a sport bike. They don't seem very comfortable or practical. I ride a Suzuki V-strom. But I enjoy riding with my friends with sport bikes and my friends with harleys. Although I have been dissapointed by both groups of friends recently.

One harley riding friend said he can't take his harley on a four hour trip to some twisty roads (deals gap) because he has lowered it so far it does not corner well. A sport bike friend says he can't go because he has no luggage space and it hurts to ride his bike more than an hour or two.

So it would be accurate to say I have a bias towards comfortable, practical motorcycles but no bias towards motorcycle riders. I wave at all motorcycles I pass on the road and would stop to help someone riding any kind of motorcycle. I also don't take other's brand loyalty personally.

I have to admit, however, I snub mopeds and small scooters. Not only don't I wave, I don't return their wave. Where I live, most people who ride a small scooter or moped do so because they got two or three DWI's and lost their license.

My guess is that you can parse any group into smaller groups. There will always be someone who says someone else does not belong.

turtle975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #276
turtle975
Registered Member

My last post was more a reply to the previous post than the original question of the source of the animosity.

I think it is insecurity.
turtle975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #277
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

You would have needed to charge the battery?
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #278
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

It's kinda like BMW cagers and porcupines, I guess. The way you tell them apart is that with the porcupine, the prick is on the outside.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #279
schizuki
Founding Member

Helmet law advocates are worse than child molesters who use dino instead of synthetic.

Just wanna see if we can hit 300 posts.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #280
findangle
Founding Member

there are indian riders still out there?
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote