Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #261
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: When kpaul started he didn't know there was feud.

Who cares? Go away.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #262
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Why can't we all just...sniff...get along?

How about when anything dirt-bike related is posted? Plonk!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #263
JimmyD
Registered Member

Yeah, and sport bikers doing wheelies on a freeway make my day complete.

I think most of the problems you've described are HD riders. Although, it seems that everyone who has ever owned a vulcan 500 seems to think putting un baffled dunstall pipes on it will a) make it cooler and b) make it sound like a harley. Then they realize that bigloud pipes are actually annoying and feel dumb.

As far as waving, metric cruiser riders aren't your problem. Or rather, shouldn't be. If they are they have a lot of identity issues. Most (and I mean about 99%) metrics will wave because its a little hypocritical to call other bikes jap crap. I always wave to everyone, but I find I wave first to sports. Probably because they assume Im a cruiser riding jerkwad and won't wave. I suppose I deserve that.

And I will have you know that my 500 is ACTUALLY hand me down parts from an EX500. Nyah nyah. YOUR R+D made MY bike. Well. That and an engine that hasn't changed in 20 years. Shh.
JimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #264
manalagi001
Registered Member

Plus One. In San Francisco, no one waves. Only outside the city, and only on weekends. When I first moved here, I asked a friend why. "Too busy staying alive," he said.

One can't always wave. Sometimes you need your two hands for riding, you know? That said, waving can be a good check. If you're riding too fast to wave, you're probably riding too fast for the street.
manalagi001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #265
manalagi001
Registered Member

Remember, pasta rocket: the Chinese invented noodles too. Thank you Marco Polo. Maybe we should all ride --------.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #266
manalagi001
Registered Member

Bro. A couple years ago I went mountain biking with a friend and took my old Schwinn Sierra. It is 21 years old, but handles well and I'm good on it. I couldn't believe it when people on the trail actually RIDICULED me for riding it. I would have thought they'd congratulate me on going old skool or keeping my bike so tight after so many years (decades) of abuse. But they actually ridiculed me. I really can't even believe it happened, even today. Fortunately, my mountain biking self esteem is rooted in fitness, a lifetime of riding, and the ability to wheelie that thing all the way up the mountain, not in what some newcomer poser jerks think. Anyway, it was an exceptionally illuminating moment in mountain biking.

Come to think of it, same thing happens to me in rock climbing. People ridicule my harness, or my "neon" gear (some from the 80s) and I'm just tripping.

I remember seeing rare, cool bikes like a real XR750 flattracker or an ATK supermoto up at Alice's. I wonder how many people went up to those bikes and ridiculed them for being old, or American, or whatever.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #267
ValkBandit
Registered Member

biggest snobs BY FAR are bmw riders. i own one (k1200lt) but want nothing to do with brand snobs. they suck.

harley riders may not wave on the road but they are friendly enuf off the bike. beemer pilots are the only ones that behave like a$$holes even when off the bike.

that's been my experience, anyway ...
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #268
DerkT
Registered Member

Default Thats about the sound of it. -NM-

DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #269
DerkT
Registered Member

Default Re: When kpaul started he didn't know there was feud.

I have avoided even reading any post by kpaul/ksquid/kduma$$ for about 3 years now but being refered to the "two posts up" I started reading this post.

Now I remember why I swore of this idiots tripe. I don't care what JB says about him.

This has nothing to do with politics, bike brand or whether or not one waves. I just don't like the baiting! Its just so f'n old.

Derrick
DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #270
12er
Founding Member

Yeah with our trolly tracks, cable car tracks, muni buses, hills, wet fog and large amount of drivers suffering from DWA you have to keep your hands on the bars.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote