Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Another Dumb Sportbike rider (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/3691-another-dumb-sportbike-rider.html)

jasonlion54 06-22-2006 10:17 PM

Re: Another Dumb Sportbike rider

First!

bigdx 06-23-2006 01:51 AM

You get any other type of sportbike rider?

giganto 06-23-2006 02:35 AM

Yup. The kind that just gave up an old KLR650, and had an old Goldwing befor that, an old DR350 befor that, an old FZR1000 befor that, an old Sportster befor that, an old BMW750 befor that, an old CBR600 befor that.... heck, some sportbike riders dont fit into that special supreme ******* squid type. We just love motorcycles. I'm one.

MadScientistMatt 06-23-2006 02:42 AM

Who else hates it when a newspaper story uses "at a high rate of speed?" It uses way too many words to say he was going fast.

maladg 06-23-2006 02:56 AM

Easy, dx. Easy. Remember that while you sneer from the saddle of your rolling paint shaker, that 19 year old doofus is going to have has ass taxed off to pay for your - and my - social security. You'll get your revenge - just be patient.

What I want to know is: where the heck did a 19 year old get the scratch to buy a Gixxer 1000 AND get insurance? Used rat bike, paid cash & no insurance??? Heck, sign that boy up for the Army!

seruzawa 06-23-2006 02:56 AM

Imagine trying to identify an HD rider who committed two offenses by the type of jacket he wore. "Yes, Your Honor, I know it was the defendant because both time he wore a black leather jacket."..... just like the cookiecutteur jacket that ten thousand other HD riders wear.

By the way, Pete, there's a third problem with this story. What kind of idiot sez, "Yes, I was doing 150mph." instead of saying, "I wish to speak with an attorney."?

His defense should simply be that there's something about Suzukis that cause the rider to hold the throttle wide open all the time. I, myself, am very aware of the strange aura about Suzukis that make you do this. It's not his fault. Anyone who rides a Suzuki knows this.

yellowduc_1 06-23-2006 03:27 AM

To quote the well known sage, a Mr. F. Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." 'Nuff said.

anrajala 06-23-2006 03:52 AM

>Heck, sign that boy up for the Army!

Amen. This guy would make a perfect driver of the first vehicle into Fallujah. The vehicle in question should be -79 Morris Marina 1300 with the legendary DC alternator from Lucas.

- cruiz-euro

bbtowns 06-23-2006 04:27 AM

I live in Portland, so we got a ton of this on the news. He actually told the cops he was going 180 mph after they tracked him down later, and that's what they cited him for. Least they're smart enough to know that's not likely and keep it out of their press release.

caffine 06-23-2006 04:40 AM

Must be 150 is the magic number in Portland for high speed conviction. Thumb screws?