Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride to Work Day

Weeeeell..........

I think I'm gonna get the T100 Bonnie after all. I like the 'glide and it's cool and all but everyone has a Harley these days. Up here they're like fleas on a dog and I've never really been one to follow the crowd.

I've had good luck with my Trophy, I've always liked the looks of the Bonnevilles, and the kind of mods I'd do like suspension upgrades and a reasonable pipe and jet are all available now so I think I'll just stick with Triumph. The only thing I don't like about them is spoke wheels and inner tubes on the Bonnies. Guess I'll have to get used to patching tubes again.

I know what you mean about radio "personalities", How annoying can you get?

sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #22
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah, but it's gettin' real dicey here in LALA land at rush hour anymo'.

Yesterday riding home, I was in the second lane of the 118 going east at about 70 mph when all of a sudden my bike got pushed over to the next right lane like a giant hand had come down from the sky. Turned out it was some lady in a Surburban talking on her cell phone. That got my attention.

Hope I used up some bad karma. Phew.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #23
Pinkslip
Founding Member

I don't even own a car right now. I'll get a small pick-up once I get a track bike, but otherwise...

I love California weather.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #24
bikervince
Founding Member

I ride every day possible (as long as it's not raining/snowing and above 40 deg) but as luck would have it, I'll be taking the truck on ride-to-work day. It's my daughter's b'day and I have to pick up a cake and balloons on the way home. No way that'll fit in the tank bag!! D*MN!!

BikerVince
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

No excuses. Get a sidecar.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #26
ncelik
Registered Member

Here a few reasons why not to ride to work:

You have to drop off the kids first

Or have to work very late and are tired as a dog when going home

Or have to pick the kids up

Or its freezing or (and!) raining (not everybody lives in SoCal)

You see, when I want to ride, I drop off the kids, drive back home and get onto the bike and ride back the same direction I just came from. It takes effort, time and dedication. Only because I mostly drive to work, it does not mean I WANT to drive.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The Bonnie is a very nice bike. With the right mods, it would be perfect for lots of things. Still have a soft spot (in my head) for Bonnies, since it was my very first road bike and still have fond memories of it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

That's what I'm thinking. A set of Ikon shocks and fork springs brings the suspension up to snuff for my size, and the Triumph Off Road or Norman Hyde pipes give it a nice growl without being too rude, A local shop does the jetting with a gas sniffer and dyno for an hours labor....so WTF.

I'd wind up with a good handling- good looking play bike for under $10k that isn;t going to get lost in the crowd, and I'll have my Trophy for rain or cold. I can do the same thing with a Thruxton and get a little more style and performance at the expense of a more comfortable position.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #29
sarnali
Founding Member

In your case riding wouldn't work, I was refering to people with bikes who just can't be bothered.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #30
lefty337
Founding Member

Thunderstorms on the 20th here in PA. Damn, that's just about when I'm getting my bike back from the shop too!

lefty337 is offline   Reply With Quote