Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #1
haraldahide
Registered Member

Default Re: Consolation Videos

1st post!

haraldahide is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
nokneedragin
Founding Member

That Aprilia comercial is a hoot. Its a shame the holier than thou crowd would have a duck fit, if it was shown in the US of A.

On another note, I still think that Supermoto can take off in America. It has a great spectator bang for the buck going for it. It has a pretty good TV broadcst quality to it. The proper promoter/regulators could get it up to the supercross level of coverage. It could be staged in arenas, allowing for spectator veiwing and ease of TV coverage.

My $0.02
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
SRMark
Founding Member

As that ass on the kx500 is looping it, notice the muchkin on the kiddie scooter sitting there. Then think what would have happened if he'd have looped it a bit earlier.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
SRMark
Founding Member

I just looked at it again and it looks like the person is just sitting there on the ground. It might not be a munchkin after all. Still, it could have been ugly.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
ender
Registered Member

Default BMW

First, I like BMWs, I ride an old BMW and I want a new BMW, but that sucked! I don't care how high the production value that just sucked...I need an insulin shot shot to watch.
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
wa5mm
Founding Member

The BMW video is several ads put together into one video. Taken one ad at a time, they're OK. They're boringly syrupy only when viewed together, IMHO.
wa5mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
Pilotage
Registered Member

The BMW video was probably produced to show during this model's introduction at the dealerships. Something like the K1200S video that's making the rounds.
Pilotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:37 AM   #8
IceWorm
Registered Member

Common, a kid playing in the sand with a /2, give me a break. No doubt there were a few whipper snappers long ago wishing they had one of those god awful ugly bimmers, but for the most part lust for a BMW shows up at a later age. Don't misunderstand me, I think classic 50's and 60's /2s are some of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made, but as a kid I thought they sucked. Funny, in the ad he spends his formative years dreaming of owning and riding a great handling BMW motorcycle, and when he grows up and finally pulls the trigger, he buys a R1200C. Yes it handles great for a cruiser, but it's still a cruiser. But, we knew he was going to buy the wrong model didn't we, when he didn't dump his ***** girlfriend and get a R100RS.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
ironbutter
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW

Agree--that was the most maudlin attempt at appealing to empty nest boomers I've seen yet. Don't they know the entire targeted audience (at least those who can afford a BMW) have already bought a Harley that just sits in the garage collecting dust except for the occasional white-knuckler to Starbucks in perfect weather? WTF kind of people does BMW think actually buy BMW motorcycles anyway? Somebody there does need to be tested for adult-onset diabetes. And omigod that silly music goes beyond cheezy into a realm I thought was reserved for erectile dysfunction products.
ironbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Supermotard is coming.

The I-4 sportbike owners suddenly notice that the tarpits are soft and sticky.