Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 06-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #81
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Are You Riding The Right Bike?

Yes but my ass....

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #82
Bill_k
Founding Member

Harley 883 Sportster

You scored 0 moxie, 3 zeal, and 1 pomp!

Ugh, my wife has an 883 sportster, not a bike I woujld buy for myself
Bill_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #83
jfk22
Founding Member

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 4 moxie, 10 zeal, and 0 pomp!

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as... a weekend trip through the mountains.

You scored higher than 53% on moxie

You scored higher than 90% on zeal

You scored higher than 39% on pomp

Well they got the general idea right. I just bought an 05 Triumph Sprint ST. I have no plans to trade her in.

jfk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #84
den111
Founding Member

Harley 883 Sportster

You scored 4 moxie, 5 zeal, and -2 pomp!

You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling.

My ride is an 84 Suzuki 750.

I'm looking at the V-Srom 1000.

I quess I'm boring. I must be boring. This was the highlight of my day
den111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #85
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

This one actually went pretty smooth, mainly because my ex and I are both reasonable and we did a do-it-yourself divorce and filled it in Lincoln County.

If we'd have got lawyers involved we would have both got f****d. As it is we both got what we wanted and walked away more or less happy. Doesn't always work that way in Washington.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #86
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Methinks the tester is being paid to sell FJR1300s.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #87
KevDog
Registered Member

Harley 883 Sportster

Funny, I looked at this bike at first, but my dad, who rides a Valkyrie, said he'd actually like me to ride my bike and not visit it in the shop. I've been eyeing the Shadow Sabre especially with the new titanium/gray flame color for '06. I'm a new rider who wants something that won't overpower me but allow me to grow into it without trading a smaller bike in 6 months.

Part of me feels the tug towards a sportier bike, though...so maybe I'll look into the Buel XB12R, Suzuki SV or Ducati Monster it says it wants to "nudge" me towards. Opinions?

You scored 4 moxie, -1 zeal, and 2 pomp!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 59% on moxie

You scored higher than 11% on zeal

You scored higher than 61% on pomp

KevDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:28 PM   #88
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Glad it worked out for you. Life is too short to be miserable. Did your ex work? It always seems to go better if both parties are working...I have no problem paying child support but I'll be damned if I am going to pay someone spousal support(alimony) the rest of their life and the house cause they won't work. Especially since I financed her education..(3 degrees). WA state has the 10 year law like CA. Sorry guys venting...bad day. Went and looked at a Victory 8 ball nice bike. If I do get to be single I am going to get a whole garage full of bikes ..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #89
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

Harley 883 Sportster

You scored 0 moxie, 1 zeal, and 1 pomp!

You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling.

However, if you do ride, statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson, probably something in the Softail line.

You might have noticed that's a lot of moolah for an (arguably) obsolete piece of machinery, and you're too rational and attitude-free to need the Biggest and Baddest that the marketeers tell you to buy. A far more reasonably priced taste of the Harley Kool-Aid is the 883 Sporty, a fun little beast that leaves you with plenty of cash to customize.

On the other hand, the only reason I'm bringing up the Harley-Davidson product line at all is due to the fact that Harley is the choice most people think of when they consider getting into motorcycling, and that's mostly because they don't know much about the alternatives.

Thought experiment: if you were the only person left on earth, and you could pick any motorcycle you wanted, what would you choose? Best looking or best engineered? Your test results don't really point in any direction strongly, so I'll try to nudge you towards substance over style.

Consider: a FXST Softail weighs 629lbs dry, the base version starts around $14k, and will make 75-80hp -- after you tweak it with pipes and a jet kit. A Buell XB12R weighs 395lbs dry, costs $10.5k and makes 103hp, stock. An Aprilia Tuono R weighs 417lbs, costs $12k, and makes 125hp, stock. (We won't even mention the bang for buck of the Japanese competitors.) Still a fan of retro-classic styling? Then at least consider Harley's V-Rod, which mixes in some modern engineering into the equation (596lbs, 125hp, $17k).

While the Sportster is a reasonable compromise, you may discover that you enjoy the added feedback provided by standard-style bikes such as the Suzuki SV or the Ducati Monster. (If you must hang with the Harley crowd, they'll be less likely to give you grief if you choose the Buell, though.)

You have the potential to be a great rider. Take the MSF class, and choose a bike that won't hold you back!

Funny how I clicked the 'i can't stand harley' check mark.

I'm mostly considering a Suzuki drz-400sm. They have no options for aggressive comuting.
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #90
starry
Registered Member

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 4 moxie, 10 zeal, and 1 pomp!

Well I wouldn't

have picked the FJR as my first choice but pretty accurate as a sport tourer is what I'm moving into. R1200RT is the one I'm into right now. l like german stuff.
starry is offline   Reply With Quote