Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Are You Riding The Right Bike? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/2856-you-riding-right-bike.html)

captainwhoopass 06-17-2005 01:17 PM

Re: Are You Riding The Right Bike?

883 Sportster.

Dammit.

dug 06-17-2005 01:18 PM

Yamaha YZF R1

You scored 6 moxie, 11 zeal, and -1 pomp!

You're addicted to speed, but have the knowledge and experience to match. Although you like to win, you don't really care so much about competing with others as much as competing with yourself.

Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. Given how easily the rear wheel on this beast spins up coming out of turns, it is fortunate that you constantly work to improve your skills. (I've seen more R1s crash at track days than any other bike.)

It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 76% on moxie

You scored higher than 98% on zeal

You scored higher than 25% on pomp

Hmm, I suppose my GSXR750 is a suitable sub. Now I just need to do those track days to fulfill my profile.

sportbikebandit 06-17-2005 01:25 PM

Point taken hang on Buz....

Chango 06-17-2005 01:44 PM

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 1 moxie, 8 zeal, and -3 pomp!

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 21% on moxie

You scored higher than 86% on zeal

You scored higher than 3% on pomp

I pretty much agree with this assessment. i like my GSX-R600, but I realized that it isn't really the perfect bike for me about 3 months ago (I have had it for 7 months now). I'm not certain that the FJR is exactly perfect, I think I would prefer an older VFR, but I think the FJR is pretty cool too.

Chango

Vlad 06-17-2005 01:49 PM

Not a bad test. It said I should be on the FJR 1300. So it got the category right. I like sport tourers. My last two machines have been a VFR and an R1150RS. Unfortunately I think the FJR is too heavy, plus I don't like the buy before you try gig.

Francis

Chango 06-17-2005 02:00 PM

Oh, and I'll need a pitbike in October, so I guess an FJR will do...

Chango

DaveFla 06-17-2005 02:37 PM

FJR1300, 2 moxie, 9 zeal, 1 pomp. 34%, 80%, 34%.

Not bad, that's my dream bike - or at least, until the write-up on the 2005 R1200RT it was.

longride 06-17-2005 02:46 PM

It's sooooo you Cap!

hharvey 06-17-2005 02:47 PM

Hmmm. Said FZ1-R/GSX1000R Interesting in that

I was strongly trending towards the Gixxer before

sanity took over and I bought the SV1000S, the

'safe' Suzuki 1 litre sportbike.

smathai 06-17-2005 03:09 PM

you correctly put "safe" in quotes. I love the SV1000S... and it cost me a knee operation when I disrespected the throttle handle mid-corner.