Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Are You Riding The Right Bike? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/2856-you-riding-right-bike.html)

Buzglyd 06-17-2005 11:20 AM

Re: Are You Riding The Right Bike?

Can't be any worse than CA.

Excuse me, I've got to run, another earthquake is hitting.

Buzglyd 06-17-2005 11:22 AM

Except you have to get it out of a junkyard and rebuild it.

BMW4VWW 06-17-2005 11:48 AM

Re: It figures... maybe.

You really must have enjoyed that trip through the infield on the back of my ratty GS! VWW

Hutchinator 06-17-2005 12:01 PM

Harley 883 Sportster

"You scored 3 moxie, 3 zeal, and 3 pomp!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 29% on moxie

You scored higher than 53% on zeal

You scored higher than 53% on pomp

You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling. However, if you do ride, statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson, probably something in the Softail line. On the other hand, the only reason I'm bringing up the Harley-Davidson product line at all is due to the fact that Harley is the choice most people think of when they consider getting into motorcycling, and that's mostly because they don't know much about the alternatives. Your test results don't really point in any direction strongly, so I'll try to nudge you towards substance over style.

While the Sportster is a reasonable compromise, you may discover that you enjoy the added feedback provided by standard-style bikes such as the Suzuki SV or the Ducati Monster. (If you must hang with the Harley crowd, they'll be less likely to give you grief if you choose the Buell, though.)

You have the potential to be a great rider. Choose a bike that won't hold you back!"

At least he threw in my Buell with the HDs... and I have a few friends that might argue those personality quirks. Besides, I prefer the V-Rod to the Softails.

stoney8888 06-17-2005 12:08 PM

FJR 1300

73%

90%

9%

I ride a ZRX at the moment and got a 81 gs1100e in the garage, but I think I will sell them when I move to Virginia(Roanoke) next year. Then I can get a different bike.

Kinda thinkin KLR. Not much like a FJR

pdad13 06-17-2005 12:30 PM

Hmmm, wonder what this means?

Did anyone else get a 1981 Kawi KD 100 with a broken footpeg and duct tape on the seat?

Bill_k 06-17-2005 12:37 PM

Harley 883

You scored higher than 11% on moxie

You scored higher than 5% on zeal

You scored higher than 17% on pomp

Not too bad, I'm not much on Harleys my bike is a kawasaki vulcan 750

allbikesbiker 06-17-2005 12:47 PM

same here

so, a 999 duc and a 883 H-D should cover me instead of an 1300FJR?

wwalkersd 06-17-2005 01:00 PM

Me, too. I forget my numbers, but I scored 0% on pomp!

Not too unreasonable, considering my current bikes are an R1150RT and a V-Strom. My main touring buddy has an FJR, and I like it a lot. Too much, in fact. I decided my self-restraint wasn't strong enough for the FJR and got the RT instead.

ikonoklass 06-17-2005 01:05 PM

FJR1300.