Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 12-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #21
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Evans Brassfield - Book Signing in Burbank, CA

LOL, first bike was an 80cc Yamaha.

Got it in '77, I think.

How did Groucho say it?... "A man's only as old as the woman he feels."
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #22
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Wasn't there.

I used to have an R1150R. That one got stolen. (More specifically, the whole front end was removed over-night. Insurance totalled the remains.)

Now I have an R1150R Rockster.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #23
maladg
Registered Member

Once upon a time, one could hardly open a bike mag w/o a reference to all those "of a certain age" who got their start on a DT-1 - like me! Time flies.

I'll be there - watch for the BadBoyz modified Tohatsu Runpet 50....
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #24
maladg
Registered Member

And in my best Columbo voice: And another thing - A DT-250 is to a DT-1 as a KZ-900 is to a Z-1. Close, but not the real deal.

Ya needs to be thinking white tank (68-69?) or Copper - ahhh, the 71 model. Over there...right next to the black RT-1!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #25
Evans_Brasfield
Registered Member

Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself. You should have come inside to say hello. I love to talk about bikes of all kinds. I saw one of your bikes outside but never knew who it belonged to.

The V-Rod you saw didn't belong to EBass but some guy who stopped by the store. The EBass no-show was kinda disappointing since I wore my Race Girl thong just for him. I guess he stayed away because he was worried I'd discover that his helmet wasn't really DOT legal.

Evans
Evans_Brasfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

My race bike was a silver and black RT3MX, bought new (for me, by my dad) and raced for 3 years till I went in the service.

My first race bike was a new '71 Super Rat.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:05 PM   #27
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Ah hell, I enjoyed myself. Anywhere there is a bunch of nice bikes and free food can't be all that bad, eh?

Did you check out that guy's street legal short track Clews Rotax? Man, I was drooling all over it.

I asked a few riders/bystanders where the author was, but no one answered back. Not a peep. Even the counter dude gave me the fish eye. I guess inside was where all the action was. I did buy a "Cycle World Honda Tests 1968-1971" coffee table book, so the trip wasn't a total loss. Sorry we didn't get to talk.

Hope your book does well.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #28
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I've got a copper tank 1971 DT1F 250MX, a 1969 (Gold) DT1C, and a fast orange 1972 DT2 (DT1F) 250 Enduro (my vintage racer). Last year for the real Yamaha enduro was 1973. After that they got kinda portly and lost the flywheel.

Believe it or not, someone gave me the MX, and I got the '69 Enduro from the original owner for $400.00. Like new, just needed a top end.

The '72 is all tricked out with WP shocks, Noleen modified damper rods, ported, pipe by EC Birt and 32mm GYT Kit carb. Street legal too.

Ah yes the '71 RT1 360, black with red stripes. I still have scars on my right shin from when it would kick back and blown my ankle into a thousand pieces.

Memories...memories...

Old 12-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #29
Evans_Brasfield
Registered Member

Yes, that was a nice bike. I only had time to look at it a little, though. I was still setting things up, so I didn't get to oogle it like I wanted.

That's odd that nobody told you where I was, particularly the guys at the register. They flagged me down to sign a book if I wasn't at the table in the back someone bought a copy.

BTW, if you liked the food, the folks at Autobooks said that the bakery (Portos of Glendale) will be opening a branch down the street in the old Ride Aid building.

Evans

PS You should know better than to wheelie in Burbank. It's a small town surrounded by a big city. They don't tolerate those kinds of shenanigans. How many cops showed up for your ticket? I rarely see traffic stops that involve fewer than two police cruisers--like it's an event or something.
Evans_Brasfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:42 PM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

After I knocked over the display sign for the 1/4 midget with my ratty Bell Star, I think the staff had their eye on me.

Funny you should mention that, but after the bike cop nailed me, sure enough, two prowl cars showed up, to do nothing other than to make me nervous. Slow crime day, I guess.

I then started fumbling with the wad of insurance documents for the myriad of street legal bikes I ride. "Lets see, this one is for the CB350, no, the Kawasaki, and this one is for the 250, and this one's..." The cop was not amused.

There goes my $$$ for the new arm chaps.