Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 12-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Evans Brassfield - Book Signing in Burbank, CA

None of that stuff, but getting Mad Skillz is highlighted.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: ROTFLMAO

Hell yeah! Buz and KPail are practically swappin spit these days. It warms my heart to see it too.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #13
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I showed up at Aerobooks around 1300 Saturday to see what was up.

There were a few highly polished sport bikes parked out front, with their highly polished (and posing) sport bike riders. I think I saw Ebass's Vrod, but no EBASS.

I tried to start a conversation with a few of the riders. But we didn't seem to be speaking the same language. Showing up on a DT1 didn't help much, I guess.

For me, the neatest bike there was some street legal 650 Rotax/Clewes framed dirt track bike, leaning up against Aerobook's wall.

The rider was pretty cool too. He did a big power wheelie down Magnolia when a left, a very brave thing to do in beautiful downtown Burbank.

So I went home, ate lunch and came back around 1500, this time on the CL350. Now a snack table was set up. A few more bikes were parked, all in perfect order; forks turned the same way, helmets on the sidewalk. The Vrod was gone. A few riders were milling around the Graves R1, so I made my way to the snack table, and helped myself to some chips & dip.

Again, I tried to start a conversation with some twit wearing a wimpy blond goatee; it went something like this.

Me: (Munch crunch) Neat R1. Is that your Suzuki? (As I pointed with a chip to some trick Gixxer I saw this guy step off of a few minutes before.)

Mr. Goatee: Grunt. (Turned and walked away.)

Me: ?!?!

I stood around for a couple more minutes, feeling very out of place, and mildly pissed off.

So when I left, I hooked a big wheelie on the CL, and promptly got a major ticket by one of Burbank's finest. Ouch. That hurt.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #14
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I wonder what kind of reception you would had received if you'd shown up on a Harley Night train. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Or a 441.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #16
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

I'd never seen or even heard of a DT1 or CL350. I did a quick search for some pictures...[*]CL350[*]DT1 (I think)

Cool bikes.</p>

Sorry to hear about the ticket. Next time don't let some poseur with a blond goatee bother you.</p>

PS: if you ever do meet Ebass, he's a good guy.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:31 AM   #17
ebass
Founding Member

Hey man, I was there the whole time! I was just in the VIP Room upstairs drinking champagne and getting lapdances from Evan's "overflow" groupies.

Man, despite the toll club racing takes on your knees, some of those guys can still really grind!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #18
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Were they wearing their camel toe-sliders?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #19
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

How long have you been motorcycling? These are two of the Seminal bikes in Japanese import history. Way to make a guy feel really old Steven. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #20
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

...and in order to get that big ticket, a few minutes before I had to take the CL's right hand floatbowl off, drain the float, solder the hole closed, and button it back up. All to get screwed by the BPD.

See, the float sunk about 10 minutes before, on my trip to Santoro's to get a large pastrami hoagie. I thought "Well if they didn't dig the old 250 Yamaha Enduro, maybe they'll like the CL." The things I do to impress prople...

Were you there? I saw someone on a BMW dualie leaving as I drove up, thought it might be you. You own a GS, right?