Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-30-2004, 07:07 AM   #31
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycles

Dig that bent swing-arm.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #32
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Polaris part of Fuji ????? Show me.

Go to the Polaris & Fuji Heavy Industries wesites. Do a little searching, it's all there

(Polaris-Fuji-Robin Industrial engine division, golf carts, atvs & snowmobiles).
Old 07-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #34
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: I see a conspiracy...

No, did you check the Fuji site? Click on the "other" divisionÂ’s link.

And, if you look close, the Polaris site alludes to a link between the two companies, specifically the Robin-Polaris Industrial Engine mfg.

Also, if youÂ’ll view the "other products" link on the Fuji site, you'll see products that are surprisingly, Polaris. Like the displayed red ATV. I can only imagine what the snowmobile looks like...they didn't give a picture.

Some kind of conspiracy, if you ask me.

Like fluoridization, Fuji is trying to sap and impurify all our natural bodily fluids, through the introduction of foreign parts into our American motorcycles. Without our knowledge BTW. WhatÂ’s next? ChildrenÂ’s ice cream?

Old 07-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #36
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: I see a conspiracy...

The line got re-named four times, Wisconsin, Teledyne-Wisconsin, Teledyne Robin, and finally just Robin.

Maybe before Wisconsin-Teledyne tanked, Fuji stepped in and bought the name & mfg rights? Perhaps Polaris bought the plant, before Fuji got involved? Intriguing.

Anyway, when this happened, around 1979, the Wisconsin industrial engine went from being a heavy cast iron clunker, to a greatly improved aluminum/steel sleeve unit.

Now, judging by the Polaris site, somehow theyÂ’re involved in industrial engine production, for the Robin (Fuji) motor. Hope this ties into the Victory bike, down the road some. Maybe they can do for the Victory, what they did for the Wisconsin.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:59 AM   #37
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Ah Ha!

Cut from the Fuji Website:

Industrial Products Division

The Industrial Products Division has designed and manufactured the high performance engines that power Polaris personal watercraft, ATVs, and snowmobiles for over twenty years.

EZ-GO golf carts also utilize Fuji technology. They use twin cylinder inline over head cam (OHC) engines designed and manufactured by Fuji's Industrial Products Division.

This division also makes all of the Robin 4 cycle gasoline and diesel engines marketed by Robin America

Old 07-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #38
asphanaut
Founding Member

Right on! When you bring it home let me know!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:50 PM   #39
naco_traficante
Registered Member

I'm not a cruiser guy, but if I was going to buy a cruiser, I would definitely consider a Victory. To my (unbiased) eyes they do not look like Harley clones, they look a whole lot better than Harleys. And you said it yourself, Victories are more high-tech. So what's not to like ?

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:45 PM   #40
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Well said. Seems like everytime someone makes another better bike than HD the brainwashed HD crowd starts crying clone. Don't see it, and I promise you after riding one it's a far superior performing motor and frame. Of course no one stuck a Harley emblem on it so it must be an imitation of a "real bike" LOL!