Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-28-2004, 09:58 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Victory Motorcycles

The Vegas is pretty cool, I like the Kingpin as well but the name stinks.

If you get one do you have to do a comb-over like Buzglyd?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Since the Ness family got involved with Victory things have improved nicely. The former mgmt in charge have been Upgraded (to say the least) and those warranty issues have been slowly fading away. Issues will come and go but the company is in way better shape than most when it comes to customer service.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:06 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

No combovers. The "buz" in Buzglyd refers to the skinhead "do" that he's into. An eye patch, earring and parrot on the shoulder completes the fashion statement.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #14
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

That's good to hear. The more players there are in the motorcycle industry the better.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #15
asphanaut
Founding Member

I've got '99 Victory (first year). Many of the '99's trannys had problems. Polaris fixed mine under warranty no problem. Ditto for other bits. Overall I'm pleased with the service.

As for the new editions - they look great. I think Vegas and Hammer out shows and out goes the other cruisers IMO - course I may be biased.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:05 PM   #16
pdad13
Founding Member

Hey, I'm not claiming it's gospel. I'm just repeating the info from a Canadian source. I doubt Victory's sportbike will be a traditional one. Sounded like they were going the way of Buell and the MT-01: Sport chassis + narrow angle V-twin. So, what's the big deal if they throw on a fairing? Doesn't seem impossible to me.

If this is true, I get the impression that Victory just might forsee only limited growth in the chrome-and-fancy-paint market in years to come. The market saturation point may indeed be coming soon. Lots of used Harleys for sale around here with not so many takers. Now, to be the only American brand with a bike for everyone (or almost) is a position no one owns. Interesting.

Oh, and Indian may indeed see another revival. By a British dude, of all suspects. Says he's going to build the plant in the U.S. (It was mentioned on TWT last night for those who weren't watching.)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: "The miracle fabric"

Any trouble getting the "parrot effluvia" of the ol' leisure suit buzz?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #18
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Memo to Sean. RE: Victory Sportbikes?

Hey, Sean, you have any sources that can corroborate this? Or at least give us a hint? I read that they're coming for 2005/2006. It would be a nice scoop for MO.

Maybe you can send EBass undercover to infiltrate Victory. How's he look in a cropped leather tank top and frayed Daisy Dukes? Oh, and a long, blond wig... with high-heeled H-D boots...and a barbed-wire & roses tatoo on the small of his back...ackk...

...Forget it, I just puked.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:37 PM   #19
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Memo to Sean. RE: Victory Sportbikes?

That was cruel pdad. I gouged out my eyes, but the image is still there. Now if I can just feel my way over to my revolver.......
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:36 AM   #20
maxriderdon
Founding Member

I test rode a Vegas model in Daytona and was very impressed. The bike felt solidly built and actually came with a descently strong motor with only a stage 1 conversion. I believe their bikes are worth a serious look. They seem like a much better built bike than their other "American Iron" competitor.