Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Her Favorite Biker Accessory (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/2459-her-favorite-biker-accessory.html)

seruzawa 07-25-2004 04:02 AM

Re: seen that new Buell?

Well, actually "tax slaves". Just like the rest of us. 50% of all earnings go to the govt. You don't even see much of it because it is eaten up by regulation. No society can survive that supports such a massive public burden.. and is increasingly ruled by incompetent bureaucrats.

We found the socio-economic hegemony... and he is us. It's our own insatiable demand for someone else's wealth that is bringing about our downfall. Doesn't matter who you elect. We'll get stupid foreign wars and redistribution of wealth by the force of a govt gun barrel.

As the wise man said - democracy will only last until the voters discover that they can vote themselves into prosperity. Well, here we are.

mscuddy 07-25-2004 10:10 AM

Re: Aw shucks...

...you're right. And that's Mr. Squid, to you.

I challenge you to a duel. CB350's at 10 paces.

My second will be in contact.

Cheers,

MC

BMW4VWW 07-25-2004 12:50 PM

That's 50% plus the hidden tax we call inflation. If 10% on the people ever become aware of how "money" is created out of thin air, and who controls it, there will be a revoultion. VWW

BMW4VWW 07-25-2004 12:55 PM

The handle bar is higher and swept futher back. An upright riding position is one of the most functional attributes on a motorcycle if you are tall and have lower back pain like me. VWW

BMW4VWW 07-25-2004 01:03 PM

Make that BSA Victors and I'll be your second. Given our cumulative knowledge of repairing the Victors imperfections we could probably beat Sean in a race of ten paces. VWW

eddyline 07-25-2004 03:02 PM

And VATs on all production, sales tax, property taxes, etc., you're actually talking closer to 70% to the Guv't.

eddyline 07-25-2004 03:04 PM

Re: Those were the days, I am sure Buz does

Hey, if it were Buell/Kerry, I just might vote that way...

pdad13 07-26-2004 05:17 AM

Not according to what I've read. The only change noted to the handlebar was the addition of an MX-style crossbar. In fact, they even explicitly stated that the crossbar was added to the old bars. However, maybe they overlooked the new dimensions. Does it make mention of new bars on the Buell site?

Oh, they did also mention that the front forks were beefed up to 43mm from 41mm, as they are on all the 2005 XBs and the City-X gets Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires.

I'm just not sure any of this warrants all of the new model hoopla. Slightly new version, yes. New model, no.

I can sympathize with your low back pain (although not your extended length). I too have a mysterious lower back ailment that comes out of nowhere and kicks my ass occasionally. Strange, though, it really never bothers me on the bike, even sportbikes.

mscuddy 07-26-2004 05:36 AM

Thank you sir, but I could only dig up a BSA 250 Starfire. As you know, only half as reliable as the mighty Victim. Maybe 5 paces?

BMW4VWW 07-26-2004 08:09 AM

"Essentially, the City-X is a new look dropped on the existing XB9R Lightning, with a more upright riding position to give a better view of the urban landscape and potential." Motorcyclist Online. VWW