Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #51
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong attitude, dude!

I've more than a couple of these clowns try to get me to race them. One of them had his 8-10 year-old daughter in the back seat (BMW 330ci convertable). Poor kid.

Even if I was inclined to racing on public roads, such as these fine, upstanding citizens, I don't think I'd want to be within a mile of these clowns at high speed.

The funniest, and most telling, part is they actually think they can win.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2004, 07:45 AM   #52
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Boom boom

What year is your KZ? I had an '81. Wasn't that bad. 74 HP is still a lot of goose, even if it's poor by modern standards. It ate cages for breakfast which is the main reason I own one in the first place.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:50 AM   #53
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: what the f**k !!!

I used to commute from San Clemente to San Diego and it took quite a few months to get real comfortable slicing through the morning rush into San Diego. But, I finally did and even split lanes at night on some late departures.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #54
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: I'd Love to But...

Sorry to hear about your getoff. Hope you heal quickly. I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket I bought when they first came out and thought it was great at first, but am having doubts now. I'm sure my jacket would have faired worse than yours. I'll replace it before next summer.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #55
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

I think the geezer glide would be a bigger rush. Imagine the speed wobbles and parts flying off at 500 mph!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #56
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: OK fine, Ride your bike tomorrow!

The was a young bull and an old bull in a field next to eachother.

The young bull, upon seeing a herd of cows, exclaimed, "hey let's run over there and do one of those cows!"

The old bull replied, "let's walk over and do them all."
Old 07-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #57
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Today!

I made it in on my '70 TR6 Tiger even though I don't usually ride that bike in 100 degree weather.

I used to though, when that was the only bike I had.

But, I am riding it more now that I learned you can free the clutch by putting it in top gear (4th) and pushing it forward with the clutch in. And I now keep a towel in the frame behind the carb to cover the tickler when priming the carb. I just need another set of points as a spare for longer rides. The ones in there have been going since '95.

Well, I'll have to sign off now - it's time for my nap.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #58
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

Do you make Bobby face backward when he's on the bytch pad?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #59
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh, if Anna shows up.....

My guess is that it's not your wide shoulders that are bumping into the gas tank.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #60
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Kawazaki

Yep, that's what I have. A silver & blue edition. My dirt-riding buddy gave it to me in a few big, oil stained boxes. His step dad hopped the thing up, and never put it back together. It sat, disassembled, for about 15 years.

It's got a Wiseco 880 kit, big cams, Kerker, Lockhart oil cooler. Two more teeth on the rear sprocket (for the cams, I guess). Ported too.

After I rejetted it, it turned 73 horsepower at the rear wheel (on a Dynojet). Redline stock is 9500, but the thing spins way past 10,000 now. At around 8 grand, it hits hyperspace.

I've had it for about five years now. The bike is claw hammer reliable. Handles kind of spooky, though. I think the '81 was Kawasaki's first try at a "sport bike". Triple discs and all that.

It resides proudly, next to the other ex-basket cases in my Garage. Type "Peyote Pizza" in the MO News Search engine. YouÂ’ll get a better idea of what my garage looks likeÂ…