Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 07-21-2004, 06:59 AM   #41
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

Amen.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2004, 07:11 AM   #42
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Today!

I'll be damned if I'm going to take my ST11 (aka "The Fat Lady") out for a 72 mile commute here in Metro ATL today (Cobb to Gwinnett and back). I detest the commute even in my cage, but the money and co workers sort of make it worthwhile. Instead I think I'll go scrub off the mold release compound from those brand new Metzlers this evening. At least I'll go for a ride today. Selah.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:17 AM   #43
RIT_Phatmac
Registered Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Today!

I rode in, today, as I do always. I saw two additional New Jersey numbnuts than I usually do, riding in tank tops and shorts on 600 cc sportbikes.

I propose a "Ride to work in proper motorcycle clothing day."

ATGATT
RIT_Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:21 AM   #44
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Boom boom

A sawed off pistol grip 12 gauge fits nicely into most tank bags, and has a real calming effect when tapped against an errant motorists side window at 70mph.

Of course while a 30mm vulcan mounted on the bars upsets most bikes weight dynamics, an old swivel mounted water cooled .303 Lewis gun ties in nicely with the "nostalgia" look so popular today.

In honor of my dads Korean service with the R.E.M.E. and my own affinity for all things Brit. my choice would of course be the trusty banana clip top fed Bren gun, also in .303.

A real crowd pleaser when fed with AP and green tracer rounds.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:31 AM   #45
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Roach Motel

Maybe, you could construct a replica Nighthawk out of cardboard, and coat it with some real strong adhesive/bug poison, like a roach motel.

When these "young men who love bikes" come to steal your UJM, they'll get stuck to the replica, and die a horrible, writhing death.

That, or you can coat the REAL Nighthawk with a strong adhesive/bug poison. Won't help the cooling problem, however.

Old 07-21-2004, 07:48 AM   #46
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Everyday

I actually saw less (only one today, normally 3 or 4).

I guess we'll see this afternoon. The forecast wasn't good for the Chicago area either, but I didn't bother to check that till after work...

Dan
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 AM   #47
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

Thank You for your service.

I will strap "Bobby the Intern" on the back of one of our ST bikes and ride him down to Irvine to pick-up one of the other bikes in the shootout. We'll leave with one bike and return with two in your honor. -Sean
Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 AM   #48
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Ka-boom

Or a 1.65 Hotchkiss, mounted in a Velorex sidecar.

Old 07-21-2004, 08:07 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

A Lewis gun would look quite dandy in an HD sidecar rig. Matching leather flying helmet and scarf are optional.

Nostalgia would have me mount a twin Browning 50cal MG. However having actually run thousands of rounds through the things I think the recoil would be counterproductive.

Can you say 75 to -20mph in 5 seconds?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #50
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

With the horsepower (or should I say, lack of) that my trusty KZ750 puts out, anything bigger than a .22 would be counterproductive.

A quad Ma Duce facing rearwards might be a definite performance enhancement, however.

"Loud Barrels Save Lives"