Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   How to Buy a Motorcycle Online (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/2370-how-buy-motorcycle-online.html)

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 04:55 AM

Re: I knew it was too good to be true.

I believe the current choices for the Brutale at the moment are a 750 or a 750.

There has been some speculation about a 1000cc version but remember we're talking about an Italian company here. I might not live long enough to see that one!

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 04:56 AM

No Oro here

I ain't got 28 grand to spend on a magnesium scoot.

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 04:59 AM

I think we agree

I was talking about looking at used bike.

My guess is you do care about resale if you're buying low. If you didn't care you'd buy the latest and greatest resale be damned.

I think 2 year old Japanese bikes are great deals but I haven't seen any Honda ads saying, "wait two years until you buy one!"

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 05:04 AM

Re: HTML for Dummies

IÂ’m quite certain I could type all day in bold font if I wanted but screaming my annoying opinions at the top of my lungs is better left to you!!!!!!! Now shut your pie-hole and go buy that Triumph! Or does the wife still have your sack in her purse?

Back to ignore mode.............

sarnali 04-11-2004 05:06 AM

Re: Storage

No, I'm not seeing a downside either. If you get tired of tripping over the Duc. I'll let him keep it at my house.

So is the MV the S that Yossef tested awhile back? I'll have to re-read the artical and see what you got. Sounds like the mix I want, IE Touring bike for daily driver and nekkid play bike for nice days.

If I could just get my kids to realize that beans on toast every day is a balanced diet, and there's places besides Nordies and the Bon to buy the cute new outfits they need every other day I'd be set.

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 05:23 AM

I gave my 6 year old a good pep talk yesterday about getting into the Air Force Academy because I just spent his college fund on motorcycles.

It is the bike that Yosef tested. The Mag and Carbon Oro model is 28 grand or so. I'll leave that one to the Jay Leno's of the world.

I haven't been able to ride it all weekend because I bought it Friday morning and then picked up my son. I might have to ditch work tomorrow afternoon and go "golfing."

It is an incredibly beautiful machine.l I keep thinking about reasons to wander out to the garage!

sarnali 04-11-2004 06:14 AM

I'll bet your son will understand about the college fund, What guy would rather go to school than go riding?

it I don't even call it a garage anymore it's my office. I've got a fridge and a comfy chair, all I need is microwave and I could stay out there most of the time. (When you're praying for a house full of women, you need to specify that they're not related to you)

I put a set of gen-mars on the Trophy to go with my fitted seat and the weather has broke 70 for the last few days, now it's even harder to stay off it.

So do you go start it up and listen to it, then breathe in the new motorcycle hot engine smell?

Buzglyd 04-11-2004 06:34 AM

Smell

The cool thing was when I rode it home some of the hot engine smell was on me! I was in my house and could still smell it. I haven't run it since I brought it home because I want to save the hot engine smell. My son goes back to school tomorrow so I'll be terrorizing the local mountains.

I already know about the house full of women. I have three sisters and no brothers. We had a swimming pool and when they brought all their girlfriends over...........let's just say I was the envy of all my buddies.

pdad13 04-11-2004 06:54 AM

Re: I think we agree

Yes, we do agree. You are right to say that I do care about resale values in the sense that I can buy a used bike at a low price.

However, the fact resale values are not as high as Harleys or Ducatis is not an indicator that Japanese bikes are a poor value. Honda, for example, sells plenty of new bikes to those that want their latest, greatest bikes. I'm just not one of those people (most of the time). And for those of us who can live happily with a 2-year old bike, it's a great value.

And the 919 that I referenced was a pretty rare case. Most go for more than that.