Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 04-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #71
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Re: Resale

When I see polished frame I move on automatically. I don't care how good the bike is otherwise.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #72
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Re: How to Buy a Motorcycle Online

And I see your point also. So now that we are engaged in this interesting moto-exchange, would you care to reveal to us the fruits of your Cycle Trader conquests?

I still may bid on that darn 919 in Houston. The auction ends in three hours......2472299016......If throwmaster wins that is me!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:41 PM   #73
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Re: How to Buy a Motorcycle Online

If I don't get the 919 I am going for this one.

Oh, darn, I forgot summer is on the way, better to wait for fall to buy a furred out bike.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #74
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I knew it was too good to be true.

Laugh if you want but he's right. The falacy of shipping jobs overseas benefiting U.S workers is classic Orwellian NewThink and ignores the basic economic reality that if you ship everyones job overseas they're not going to be able to buy your products.

"Oh, but we'll retrain you", for what? how much training is going to buy you a middle class lifestyle on minimum wage "service industry" jobs?

Chairman Mao was right, not only are we selling them the rope were paying them to build the gallows. Everyone of these capitalist bastards should be exported along with their companys, let them go rape someone else's economy.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:16 PM   #75
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU WHAT ???

Good for you, buz, bring it over so I can ride it! (I will be merciful) Did you get rid of anything or just add it to the expanding buzglyd fleet?

I guess with the Ducati and now the Brutale you're going to have to change your name to Buuz-ia Glyd-a. With your black hair and Eye-tye rides you can put on a Rossi accent and get the hotties feelin' naughty.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #76
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Now you just need to come up with an alias and agree with yourself. You also might want to throw in how handsome you are as well.

There's an MV Agusta in my garage now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:50 PM   #77
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU WHAT ???

The Duc and the Geezer Glide are still in the garage at the moment. I let my neighbor ride the Duc home from the Italian dealership today. He's totally under the ether now and is considering buying it if I'll let him keep it in my garage!

So let's see...he buys my Ducati and it stays in my garage with the keys in the ignition. I can live with that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #78
pdad13
Founding Member

Do I care what the resale value is if I'm buying low? Think about it.

If I want to sell it later, I still got my money's worth. It's all relative.

This is why I would rarely buy a NEW Japanese bike.

Make sense?

Oh, by the way, it is not normal for any depreciating asset, like a car or, say, a three-year-old Harley to sell for almost what you can buy a new one for. Harleys, or more "exotic" European bikes are extraordinary examples with extraordinary factors. You can't hold Japanese bikes to the same standard. Especially since the Japanese have built market share by advancing technology. Naturally, the introduction of today's latest, greatest Japanese bike is going to adversely affect the value of yesterday's latest, greatest bike.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:32 PM   #79
pdad13
Founding Member

By the way, congrats on the Brutale (Oro?). They are really sweet. I'd like to get my hands on one, too.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #80
tonyharrah
Founding Member

You scored!! Is it the 750?
tonyharrah is offline   Reply With Quote