Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 04-13-2004, 01:14 PM   #141
den111
Founding Member

Default Re: How to Buy a Motorcycle Online

I've seen, and suspected, numerous "cheap" bikes on CycleTrader.com. such as $3,900 nearly new low mileage Hayabusa's a few times.

den111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #142
ezlee79
Founding Member

Default Re: How to Buy a Motorcycle Online

I was recently perusing recycler.com and came across a low milage v-rod for 7,500. Immediately I thought to myself this bike is stolen or non-existent. ...But I was intrigued so I began email communiction. The seller sent me several beautiful pictures and the VIN which seems to be valid, but wouldn't immediately answer what city he was in. Guess what else. It turns out:

The seller claims to be in a foriegn country(England)

Shipping from said country is included in the price(please)

I am to send a Western Union money order.

This is for sure a scam, but I'm intrigued so I'm going to continue to try and flush him out. I think next will request a odd picture (like him on the bike with today's copy of the gaurdian)

Lee

ezlee79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #143
Byron Hight
Registered Member

Default Be Aware !

Just want to inform you of 2 TOTAL RIPOFFS. The first is 5starsshopping, and the 2nd is cetbuy.com. I got burned by attempting to buy a motorcycle from 5starsshopping. After being led down the rosy path they just disappeared. Now this cetbuy.com has just come up with an almost identical add. Be very aware.
Byron Hight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #144
acecycleins
Founding Member

Guess I was lucky. Saw my K bike in Ebay. Rolling down the road with my computer in wireless mode I pinched her for $3k with less than 1 minute to spare. Flew into Tampa 3 days later. Seller picked me up and took me to his home in St Pete at 8pm and by 10pm I was riding it back to ATL.